Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing and electrical work

Options
  • 30-05-2017 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello, I'm planning to buy a house soon and I'll be converting a spare room to an office, I want to put in a sink in the spare room for some drinking water, and I want to put in new plug sockets for my computer and stuff, i know it may cost a little bit, but how messy does this sort of work get, is it really a nightmare?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

dave2014 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm planning to buy a house soon and I'll be converting a spare room to an office, I want to put in a sink in the spare room for some drinking water, and I want to put in new plug sockets for my computer and stuff, i know it may cost a little bit, but how messy does this sort of work get, is it really a nightmare?

It depends on a lot of factors. If you want to conceal the plumbing and wiring it will involve taking up floorboards and cutting into walls and maybe ceilings. It also depends on how far the room is from the rising main and the power supply. A sink fo drinking water is over the top. What about bringing a jug of water with you into the room and topping up once in a while?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don't add the sink.
    Buy a plug in water cooler that you get those large gallons of water for.

Or just go the kitchen.

Advertisement