Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Cycling Club

Options
  • 30-05-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm moving from Dublin to Wexford soon and I'm on the lookout for a good club. I'll be living in Crossabeg which is a little north of Wexford town.
    I'm not in a club at the moment so I'm thinking of joining as a means to get to know people as well as for the cycling itself. I usually cycle on my own and try to get out most weekends for anywhere between 60 - 100k with an average speed of about 25k around south Dublin north Wicklow. I like the climbs that this part of the country offers and my spins would usually have least 1000 meters climbing. Ideally I'd like fairly easy access to routes that can offer similar climbing but appreciate that may not be possible or involve a drive to the start point but ideally I'd like to be able to cycle from home to the meet. As I cycle solo I dont usually stop for coffee but I'm happy to do so as part of a group!!
    I enjoyed the Mt Leinster Challenge that is organised by Slaney CC and the cycling around there is good so I'm leaning towards joining Slaney. I've also heard good things about Wexford Wheelers but I'm not sure about the routes. As they are based out of Wexford town are the routes fairly flat with little climbing?  
    Has anyone experience of either club? What options are available regards the cycles, days and start times? I'm not a racer but I like to push and go at a *decent pace and I'd get frustrated in a group with frequent stops. 
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Cheers!
    *decent for me anyway!!! :)

Advertisement