Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My local BOI branch uncontactable by phone. Why is it near impossible to talk by phon

Options
  • 30-05-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I just spent 6'57" on the phone to my local BOI branch before the call ended abruptly without getting to speak to anyone. During that time I listening to circular menus and messages advising all sort of solutions to queries I didn't ask about and was eventually advised to hold and someone wold be with me shortly, no doubt from a central call center and not my branch. 
    Can you please give me a direct line number for my local BOI in Castletroy Limerick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Maytrix,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Customer queries are answered centrally by our advisors however if your query is directly branch related we can also offer you to speak to a customer advisor in the branch over the phone or arrange a meeting.

Please see below our meeting request form online.

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Alternatively account specific queries can be raised by sending an Ask a Question message in Online Service Desk when logged into your account.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks [/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Kareana[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Maytrix

Hi Maytrix,

Customer queries are answered centrally by our advisors however if your query is directly branch related we can also offer you to speak to a customer advisor in the branch over the phone or arrange a meeting.

Alternatively account specific queries can be raised by sending an Ask a Question message in Online Service Desk when logged into your account.

Thanks

Kareana
    Hi Kareana,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My query is directly branch related so yes I would like to speak to a customer advisor from my local branch.

Is that too much to expect without having to waste my time listening to endless circular phone messages and then get on here and waste more of my time responding to messages which instruct me to fill out even more forms which do not give me what I want - a direct line phone number - but instead direct me to set up an appointment for a meeting in my branch which I don't want and didn't ask for. 

When you say "we can also offer you to speak to a customer advisor in the branch over the phone"  do you mean that I can speak to a customer advisor over the phone in the branch or that I can speak to someone in the branch over the phone without going into the branch which is why I asked for a direct line number which you have not give me?

Best regards,

Maytrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Maytrix wrote: »
    Hi Maytrix,

Alternatively account specific queries can be raised by sending an Ask a Question message in Online Service Desk when logged into your account.

Thanks

Kareana
    Hi Kareana,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My query is directly branch related so yes I would like to speak to a customer advisor from my local branch.

Is that too much to expect without having to waste my time listening to endless circular phone messages and then get on here and waste more of my time responding to messages which instruct me to fill out even more forms which do not give me what I want - a direct line phone number - but instead direct me to set up an appointment for a meeting in my branch which I don't want and didn't ask for. 

When you say "we can also offer you to speak to a customer advisor in the branch over the phone"  do you mean that I can speak to a customer advisor over the phone in the branch or that I can speak to someone in the branch over the phone without going into the branch which is why I asked for a direct line number which you have not give me?

Best regards,

Maytrix
    Hi Maytrix,

In this instance, you will need to call the customer service team on 0818 365 365 or 00353 14044000 and a colleague will be happy to put you through to the most appropriate staff member in the branch to deal with your query. We don't have direct dials for our branches here.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement