Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resignation Notice

• 30-05-2017 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Just a quick question.

I am currently in a job - under the 6 month probation period.

My contract states that while I am on probation I have to give 1 months written notice of my intention to leave. After the probation period it goes up to 2 months.

I have been offered a job (that I want) but they are only prepared to wait 3 weeks. Do you know what legal action I would be opening myself to if I decided not to work the full 1 months notice.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

In reality very little will happen. Are you dependant on a reference from your current employer?

No have others I can use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Do you have any leave saved up? If so, give them a month's notice, and take the last week as leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

seagull wrote: »
    Do you have any leave saved up? If so, give them a month's notice, and take the last week as leave.

Hey seagull,

I have about 8 days annual leave to take. I handed in my notice and they have informed me that they will not be allowing me take any of my annual leave that I can get paid for it.

Ideally I would love a week off before I start the new job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

seagull wrote: »
    Fairly standard for companies to have something around not working for another company specifically because of this. Not that they will pursue it though.

Advertisement