Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting audio files

Options
  • 30-05-2017 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I bought two cds in Cuba one from a bar from a local band and another legit one from Buena Vista Social Club show. When I played both today the local band one worked but the other one didnt just stays on one and keeps running but no music, naturally I knew all cds in Cuba are copies but unusually the dearer one from a legit place doesnt work. I thought they would all be copied on the same type of audio file.
    I tried in my two CD players and same thing happened also the local band one played in my laptop it's a CDF file however the other dear one is a WMA file the song titles show on the laptop but no music how do I convert the cd to a playable file so I can listen on my player? Do I have to download another site to covert files or is there somewhere in the laptop I can do it I have a Fujitsu lifebook A series.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

WMA is a windows media player audio file so try playing it through that first which will be on your laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

It won't play at all on the laptop the song titles come up but the icons are blank next to it and nothing comes up to play is there something on the laptop I need to do to activate the file?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

miss choc wrote: »
    It won't play at all on the laptop the song titles come up but the icons are blank next to it and nothing comes up to play is there something on the laptop I need to do to activate the file?

Have you got VLC on your laptop? Might be worth trying to play it through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Don't know how can I check I have that vlc bit clueless on audio files I have windows so guessing vlc is automatically on the laptop or maybe not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Get VLC from videolan.org, its free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

You could also take a look at Foobar 20000 http://www.foobar2000.org/, it's a great (free) application for audio conversion. There is plenty of documentation online on how to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,455 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Vlc all the way

Advertisement