Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning a move to Oz

• 30-05-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I'm planning a move to Oz on a one year working visa. How much do I need in my bank account, is it €4,000? Also how do I prove this? Do I present a bank statement at the airport?

Also, what's the best way to book it? Should I drop into USIT in town?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I'm planning a move to Oz on a one year working visa. How much do I need in my bank account, is it €4,000? Also how do I prove this? Do I present a bank statement at the airport?

Also, what's the best way to book it? Should I drop into USIT in town?

I have never heard of anyone being asked to prove how much they have in their bank account. To be honest I don't think they are really that interested. It would be in your best interests to have enough money to get setup and in case you don't find work straight away.

Stay away from USIT. They don't do anything you can't do yourself and you will save yourself some money. Apply for the visa directly from the immigration website www.immi.gov.au.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Wanderlust91

aido79 wrote: »
    I have never heard of anyone being asked to prove how much they have in their bank account. To be honest I don't think they are really that interested. It would be in your best interests to have enough money to get setup and in case you don't find work straight away.

Stay away from USIT. They don't do anything you can't do yourself and you will save yourself some money. Apply for the visa directly from the immigration website www.immi.gov.au.
    +1 on this. A few years ago I went to USIT with my friends to so all our booking stuff. You can get your visa stuff done online and purchase insurance independently if you want. Looking back, I dont know what fee they took to do our visa etc but I think the only extras we got, were like a sim card etc. All you can do yourself.

Advertisement