Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crivit / Lidl cycling apparel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MisterSpaccato

On a slightly unrelated note, i'm having a hard time finding a Shimano shoes dealer in Dublin, do you know one? I fell in love with those RC7! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

There's more at fault than bad or poorly manufactured shorts if you got sore after just 24km no matter what you wore.. That or you've an exceptionally bony arse :p

On the bony arse bit .... wishful thinking on my behalf, the padding on the Lidle shorts is very thin, no comfort in them at all , very noticeable last night having been wearing half decent stuff for the last 6 months. A 25 km commute is as far as I would wear them and as I don't commute I'll only use them again if stuck. I say lidle/ Aldi as I bought a pair of each last weekend and can never remember which is which .... crane/ crevit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

secman wrote: »
    On the bony arse bit .... wishful thinking on my behalf, the padding on the Lidle shorts is very thin, no comfort in them at all , very noticeable last night having been wearing half decent stuff for the last 6 months. A 25 km commute is as far as I would wear them and as I don't commute I'll only use them again if stuck. I say lidle/ Aldi as I bought a pair of each last weekend and can never remember which is which .... crane/ crevit.

Crivit= Lidl
    Crane = Aldi

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Quickstep wear Crivit gear. They must be putting some serious effort into improving it. It used to be muck.

I still wouldn't buy it. Get Castelli gear on sale.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Brian? wrote: »
    Quickstep wear Crivit gear. They must be putting some serious effort into improving it. It used to be muck.

I still wouldn't buy it. Get Castelli gear on sale.

The Crivit technical undergarment tops are great, the vest is like 4 yoyos and as good as much more expensive stuff out there, I have a bunch of them, rarely ride without wearing one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Inquitus wrote: »
    The Crivit technical undergarment tops are great, the vest is like 4 yoyos and as good as much more expensive stuff out there, I have a bunch of them, rarely ride without wearing one.

Actually yeah. I have vests from Lidl. Forgot about that. They're grand, but then I'd never spend decent money on a vest.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Brian? wrote: »
    Actually yeah. I have vests from Lidl. Forgot about that. They're grand, but then I'd never spend decent money on a vest.

Agreed, I wouldn't bother with their Jerseys or Shorts, but the undergarments, socks, and gloves are all decent enough and priced very competitively.

Advertisement