Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build Not Starting...

Options
  • 30-05-2017 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭

So I finally got a budget build I was working on for the gf together, downloaded the Windows installation thingy onto a blank USB... but when I start up I just get a black screen saying Windows did not start successfully, possibly due to a recent hardware or software change.

It gives me the following options:
    - Safe mode
    - Safe mode with networking
    - Safe mode with command prompt.
    - Last known good configuration.
    - Start windows normally.

The problem is that all of these options just bring me right back to the start. The Windows logo flashes for a split second, computer reboots, and brings me back to this same screen.

- I have tried opening BIOS and booting from the second HDD.
    - I have tried booting from the USB.

I think the problem might have come from the power in the house cutting when I first booted the computer (only had it on for about 15 seconds), so it might have a fragment of Windows on it and so cannot/will not start the upload from the USB? Nothing I can think of is working... does anyone have any suggestions? I'm so close to having the damn thing up and running, argh!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Never mind, all is fine - plugged the HDD into my other PC and there were some residual files. Formatted and installing Windows now!

Advertisement