If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise cancelling headphones

Options
  • 30-05-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi
    Can you recommend a good set of anc headphones. I tried the Bose qc35, the nc was good but I found the sound lacking any punch. I was also thinking of the mdr 1000x but i haven't been able to try them anywhere. 
    I like good bass when listening to music, that's where I found the Bose weak. 
    Do you have any other recommendations?

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

bergipau wrote: »
    Hi
    Can you recommend a good set of anc headphones. I tried the Bose qc35, the nc was good but I found the sound lacking any punch. I was also thinking of the mdr 1000x but i haven't been able to try them anywhere. 
    I like good bass when listening to music, that's where I found the Bose weak. 
    Do you have any other recommendations?

Cheers
    Hi bergipau,

As we don't stock the Bose headphones unfortunately it's not a range I've listened to. The two I would recommend would be the AKG N60 and the Sony MDR1000X. Between the two though the Sonys are much better with a frequency range rated at 4-40k Hz. This would give you deeper bass and better treble as well. They do sound fantastic.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

Thanks
    How much are you selling the ALG and Sony headphones for at the moment?

Thanks
    How much are you selling the ALG and Sony headphones for at the moment?
    The AKGs are £199 and the Sonys are £324.99.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Order placed for the sony's. Let's hope they live up to the hype!!!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Order placed for the sony's. Let's hope they live up to the hype!!!
    You will enjoy them!

(..and a cracking price...)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

I'm very impressed.
    Thanks for the advice and great price.

I'm very impressed.
    Hi Bergipau.

Excellent that you are Happy with your new Headphones :D

Should we be able to help in anyway in future please drop us a post.

I'm very impressed.
    Hi Bergipau.

Hi
    I just put on my headphones this morning and suddenly heard 'crack'. It looks like I have the dreaded headband fracture.
    The headphones are 12 months 2 weeks old, can someone in richersounds pm me please to see what my options are.

Thanks in advance
    P

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

I'm very impressed.
    Hi Bergipau.

Hi
    I just put on my headphones this morning and suddenly heard 'crack'. It looks like I have the dreaded headband fracture.
    The headphones are 12 months 2 weeks old, can someone in richersounds pm me please to see what my options are.

Thanks in advance
    P
    Hi P,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your headphones. In the first instance we would need to have these looked at by AKG. If it is a common issue they may be able to repair but we would need to get them to them to have a look. The warranty on AKG headphones is 2 years.

If you can package them up and post them to our store at:

Richer Sounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

we'll get them sent off.

Kind regards

David

Hi David
    I have the Sony made 1000x headphones.
    Do you have a phone number I can call you on?

Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Hi David
    I have the Sony made 1000x headphones.
    Do you have a phone number I can call you on?

Regards
    Paul
    Hey Bergipau.

You can get us on 0044 333 900 0070

Thanks for your help.
    Got my headphones back from Sony today. Fixed and returned very quickly, all under warranty.
    Glad to see they improved the headband design. Hopefully that problem is permanently fixed now.

Thanks for your help.
    Got my headphones back from Sony today. Fixed and returned very quickly, all under warranty.
    Glad to see they improved the headband design. Hopefully that problem is permanently fixed now.
    Excellent news Bergipau.

Fingers crossed no more issues with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kevin12

Hello,
    Do noise cancelling headphones work. I don't want to listen to music etc, just to block out noises like other peoples music, snoring, crying children and the likes. Anything I see advertised seems to be aimed at the user listening to music, I just want peace and quiet.
    Any suggestions.

kevin12 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Do noise cancelling headphones work. I don't want to listen to music etc, just to block out noises like other peoples music, snoring, crying children and the likes. Anything I see advertised seems to be aimed at the user listening to music, I just want peace and quiet.
    Any suggestions.
    Hi Kevin12.

Unfortunately any of the noise cancelling products are headphone for listening to music.
    The noise cancelling on them does work but it allows you to hear your music more clearly without listening to low level sounds around you.

I would worry that with no music playing you are still going to hear a degree of noise.

This might be something I need to look into and test with a few pairs as I have never been asked this question before.

Perhaps something like ear defenders might be an option like the ones people would wear when going to concerts or festival were the music is loud.

Hello,
    Any suggestions.
    Hi Kevin12.

Unfortunately any of the noise cancelling products are headphone for listening to music.
    The noise cancelling on them does work but it allows you to hear your music more clearly without listening to low level sounds around you.

I would worry that with no music playing you are still going to hear a degree of noise.

This might be something I need to look into and test with a few pairs as I have never been asked this question before.

Perhaps something like ear defenders might be an option like the ones people would wear when going to concerts or festival were the music is loud.
    Thanks for your reply. unfortunately ear defenders don't work, I've tried them in the past. I was hoping that technology had come up with an answer by generating a frequency that cancels out the offending one. Lets know if you come up with something.

Hello,
    Any suggestions.
    Hi Kevin12.

Thanks for your reply. unfortunately ear defenders don't work, I've tried them in the past. I was hoping that technology had come up with an answer by generating a frequency that cancels out the offending one. Lets know if you come up with something.
    Hi Kevin12.

Had a quick test at a few pairs here at the store and while without music they do still block out some noise, you can still hear louder noises like cars going by etc.

Anything we would sell would be designed for listening to music.

You could perhaps get in touch with some of the companies that produce the ear defenders and see if they might have something that might suit. Perhaps something that would be designed for musicians.

OK, Thanks

OK, Thanks
    No problem Kevin12.

If I ever come across something I think might be of interest to you I will drop you a PM or a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.