Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELMET Whelans Sat 10th June 20euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Who's the promoter for this, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Passenger wrote: »
    Who's the promoter for this, do you know?

BARE ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

scudzilla wrote: »
    BARE ??

I suppose they have to recoup that money from the festival, so booked a gig in Dublin as they already planned to be in Ireland around that time anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I suppose they have to recoup that money from the festival, so booked a gig in Dublin as they already planned to be in Ireland around that time anyway.

I have no idea what yer on about, care to fill us in?

It's the Bare In The Woods crowd, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I have no idea what yer on about, care to fill us in?

They were supposed to play Bare in the Wood festival on that weekend, I think they were headlining or sub headlining that particular Saturday so fair play to them for getting a gig when the festival cancelled.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea its being organised by the Bare in the Woods crew and they are gonna announced whats the plan for the festival going forward

They were supposed to play Bare in the Wood festival on that weekend, I think they were headlining or sub headlining that particular Saturday so fair play to them for getting a gig when the festival cancelled.

Yeah, definitely. Apparently they were headlining the Saturday lineup alright.

Whenever I hear that I immediately think of Sage introducing it on Radio X.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Should be a great gig, listened to a tune from the support act, well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Adrift

Great show by Helmet alright. Fair play to the Bare crowd for putting the show together. It's hard to believe its 20+ years since Helmet did a headline slot here. I did see them in the RDS supporting Slipknot some years back but they were kinda lost on the crowd so Saturday was so much better.

CPNHGN were awful. Sounded like Minus the Bear lite. I don't think I would've enjoyed them regardless but they were a bit of an odd choice for support for Helmet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any mention of a re-scheduled BARE at the gig?

Advertisement