Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage AIP - Job Change??

Options
  • 30-05-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Not sure if anyone can help but here goes,

Myself and my gf are AIP, we've gone sale agreed, deposit down and solicitor appointed.

We're just waiting on the valuation and are getting our mortgage protection cover and life insurance in place.

The complication is my gf has possibly a job oppurtunity, a better position with better pay but we're not sure what to do??

Can she change jobs before we draw down the mortgage? Or is she basically stuck until after we're in the house and paying back the mortgage?

Any help appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Massive curve ball there. I wouldn't personally go about jumping jobs until all said and done .ie mortgage has been drawn down

It would be a massive gamble to consider it at this point in the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rifter

listermint wrote: »
    Massive curve ball there. I wouldn't personally go about jumping jobs until all said and done .ie mortgage has been drawn down

It would be a massive gamble to consider it at this point in the application.

Yea, we're leaning towards letting it pass as it could jeopardise the sale.... But we weren't really sure of the ins and outs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I received a job offer while in the same position as your gf. Asked them to hold off the starting date until after I had drawn down. They understood this and I switched jobs 2 weeks after drawing down, no hassles.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rifter

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I received a job offer while in the same position as your gf. Asked them to hold off the starting date until after I had drawn down. They understood this and I switched jobs 2 weeks after drawing down, no hassles.

I had said that to her as an option!! Shes a bit more wary than I am!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Any change in your circumstances voids your AIP.

I had it before, changed jobs and had to serve my 6 months probationary period before they'd regrant my AIP.

When I actually bought my place, they asked for a recent payslip just before I drew down the mortgage, so they were obviously checking for any change in circumstance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement