Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding an ABA (routing) number equal to 026009593

Options
  • 31-05-2017 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I am adding a US payee with ABA number 026009593, but when I check the details of the payee stored internally, the first digit of the routing number is erased and only the next eight digits are retained.
    Is this a known bug and how can I proceed to add that payee.

Thank you,

Veselin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Vesofilev, 

Thank you for your post here on Boards.  

Can you please clarify have you already added this US payee on your profile and is the payee active?  

Routing number are normally 9 digits long.  

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vesofilev

Hi, yes I have added it and it is active. However, I can see that the zero is not included in the ABA number. So the stored ABA number is 8 digit (without the zero) even though when create the payee profile I put the full one. I checked and if I do that with a routing number that does not start with zero all nine digits are retained. This is why I suspect that there is some bug. How should I proceed? I am afraid that if I try wiring money to the current payee profile it will be lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

vesofilev wrote: »
    Hi, yes I have added it and it is active. However, I can see that the zero is not included in the ABA number. So the stored ABA number is 8 digit (without the zero) even though when create the payee profile I put the full one. I checked and if I do that with a routing number that does not start with zero all nine digits are retained. This is why I suspect that there is some bug. How should I proceed? I am afraid that if I try wiring money to the current payee profile it will be lost.
    Hi Vesofilev,

Thank you for your post. 

We would suggest that you submit your query through the online service desk as an advisor will be able to view the payee and confirm the details to ensure they are correct before you carry out a transfer.

Thanks

Kareana

Advertisement