Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Perrystown for house purchase

Options
  • 31-05-2017 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Just looking for some advice on Perrystown area.

Myself and partner are looking to buy our first house. We've been looking in nearly every area around Dublin
    A few places have shown up in Perrystown but to be honest, I'd never even heard of it before. I found a few posts online but they are all from a good few years ago.

Anyone know about the area. Things like safety/public order, bus links into town etc. Schools and other things for kids aren't important as we don't have any. Also pubs and restaurants aren't too important as Terenure is fairly close.

The main criteria is if it is a nice and safe area.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Perrystown is a 'nice and safe area'.

Plenty of busses to town - 15A, 54A, 150 and more from Crumlin Village. Some decent pubs close by and more a little further afield in Templeogue and Terenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭dbs103

Thanks for that. Like I said I kniw nothing about the area so good to find out about buses etc. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

It's really safe area and very quiet. Pub 'the pines' is great for food as is laurels for a drink. Doctor and dentists there too. There is a small gaa club Robert Emmets and ashleaf shopping centre isonly 2 mins away.
    Great location, good bus routes, handy for m50 etc.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 janeymc1979

I live a 2 min walk from perrystown and the area is so quiet. especially since the submarine pub closed down. perrystown is lovely, i only walked through the estates recently and thought it's a lovely place to live, that little bit closer to terenure than we are. i would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I grew up just down the road from Perrystown, and never even heard of it till I had a friend from there. Be prepared for a lot of ‘where?’ Responses when you say where you live, followed by ‘oh, Kimmage’, or ‘oh, Crumlin’, when you explain.

You’ll even hear this from residents of Crumlin and Kimmage. :D

Nice area though. Handy for Crumlin and Kimmage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement