Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot reply to post

Options
  • 31-05-2017 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys, I recently joined your site and posted my first query. In truth so far my experience has been very negative.

It received a relatively unhelpful most telling me to post in a different section.

I posted the question in this section, however after one reply (which was completely unhelpful) the post no longer allows replies.

Can you advise on whether this is a system issue or has it been closed for a reason.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Your account seems fine, it's properly activated, and you've no bans on it. In general you should be able to reply in any normal forum.

There is a few special case forums where this isn't possible by default, such as soccer.

What was the post you were trying to reply to?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi clarej5,

It seems the respondent in the DIY forum believed that it wasn't a DIY job or that you might be best served elsewhere. On paper, they are correct. However, because it's a structural query it's not allowed in Construction & Planning as covered by the charter. For something like this, you should seek the expertise of a professional - that forum isn't comfortable with someone offering advice, which could cause drastic problems down the line.

Sorry to hear that you haven't had a positive experience thus far, but there are certain topics that are no-gos for one reason or another.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement