Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criterium du Dauphine 2017 - **official thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

cunavalos wrote: »
    The Dauphine Libere newspaper stopped sponsoring the race in 2009 and ASO took over hence the name change

Bejaysus.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Macy0161

edit: app looks like it should have it live, app tv schedule does suggest it might not be on because of tennis.
    App has the "UCI Channel". Doesn't always have commentary though, even when it has pictures.

Wish live coverage would hurry up and be on :(

Just watching tickers at the minute
    Thomas De Gendt is among 7 6'25 up the road with a decent chance they can stay out, sky and trek doing the chasing in the peleton at the moment

Football on ES2 still coverage is on the player's UCI channel with commentary counted "win the race win the tour" 4 times so far :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Poxy football still on ...........

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    Poxy football still on ...........

On the player if you've access but haven't hit the circuit yet so not missing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

In fairness the end of the football was very exciting. Penalty shoot out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Contador on a new Edmonda for the Dauphine and Tour. It bears a striking resemblance to his 2009 Madone - according to Bertie, the best bike he's ever ridden. I'd swear that he asked Trek to whip out the old moulds and build him either the same bike or something very similar with some modern tweaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Two seconds in and Kirby is predicting Si Clare FTW...its going to be a long summer

Calls him Si Clarke and then says Simon does not like it ...then why do it ...

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Two seconds in and Kirby is predicting Si Clare FTW...its going to be a long summer

Calls him Si Clarke and then says Simon does not like it ...then why do it ...

He's up to 5 times with the win the dauphine win the tour so far , worse it it's got commentary on the UCI channel on the player too so mute button will be needed here I think :D

Oh they've obviously gone to an add on ES2 and he's forgotten to mute his mic as it's got no ads on the UCI one :D

• Advertisement

Looks like it wont be a sprinter's day today .....I kinda thought it would not be

Yeah I was expecting as much from the couple of previews I'd read over the weekend.

This'll be well earned for De Gendt if he can pull it off.

Punching the air in the last km :D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Like the fist in the air from De Gendt going under the flamme rouge with a minute in hand.

A well deserved win for his effort today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

watching the highlights, i didnt realise swift and konig left sky!

retalivity wrote: »
    watching the highlights, i didnt realise swift and konig left sky!

Yeah Swift wasn't happy to play second fiddle if i recall at Sky. I'll link the article if i can find it , but he should have known what he was getting into with sky and did stay for 6 years. Landa is looking like he's not content to take the cheque either at the minute and has bigger aspirations.

Some approach to the finish there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

you,d miss rob hatch on eurosport.....

Maybe not be a sprinter...good opportunity for a fast hilly guy to go late

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

neris wrote: »
    you,d miss rob hatch on eurosport.....

No you wouldn't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looking at eurosport tv schedule no mention of live coverage today?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

MPFGLB wrote: »

There was a diary in Monday's print edition covering 1st stage.

It seemed to be patchy about which Sam Bennett diaries were online for the Giro.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dcully wrote: »
    Looking at eurosport tv schedule no mention of live coverage today?

When I looked last week it was in the Eurosport 2 schedule, but now it's gone :mad:

Seems like it's not back with live TV coverage until Thursday, and it's live on Friday & Saturday also.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

odyssey06 wrote: »
    When I looked last week it was in the Eurosport 2 schedule, but now it's gone :mad:

Seems like it's not back with live TV coverage until Thursday, and it's live on Friday & Saturday also.

yeah it looks like it's on the player only from 2pm.

should be coverage but the poxy tennis has run over time and they wont cut it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Does of any of the Dauphine route feature in the TdF this year?

Does of any of the Dauphine route feature in the TdF this year?

Yeah a chunk of todays actually.

Won't post about the race seeing as most of you aren't watching. It's on the ES player if yee have access. 10km to go. No ads or carlton :pac:

• Advertisement

did ne 1 watching today online have commentary

Advertisement