Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criterium du Dauphine 2017 - **official thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Fantastic effort by Porte

So much for saving himself (Dan) for the tour, he'd said during the week he wasn't going to go as hard this year as it hurt him in the 3rd week of the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Ritchie 42 seconds behind froome now so closing the gap slowly. Fugslang now the danger man

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

25 seconds dan has? looked like on the blackboard

Fugslang dropping Dan now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

Come oh Dan..stay with Fuglsang..

Fuglsang looks so smooth

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

I'm willing the lad up the road here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Fugslang in virtual yellow now?

wow porte has froome's group in sight. Some effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Remarkable!

Porte is very strong. He'd want to hope he hasn't burnt too many matches here. Don't know what to make of Fuglsang... never really shown this form before. The weakest we've seen Froome before the Tour since he rose to prominence. Contador has a lot of work to do getting after dropped like that.

• Advertisement

Doused himself there did froome and the others have smelled blood

portes back up to froome

Aru should sit on froome and help fugslang but he's probably eyeing up 3rd spot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Fuglsang assuming he wins the stage only needs 1m05secs over Porte, so for now he is the Yellow Jersey, I would guess it's going to be very close at the line.

Aru should sit on froome and help fugslang but he's probably eyeing up 3rd spot

id say aru would rather help froome win then see his team mate win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Porte has to fight to the line here.

Nail biting stuff here

neris wrote: »
    id say aru would rather help froome win then see his team mate win

True but aru should think of the help he needs at the tour. Anyway froome is well down so can't bridge now so fugslang has a top 2 spot now

good ride dan 2nd on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Porte finished 1.15 down???

• Advertisement

Fulsang for overall win? Would not begrudge that and nice tribute to Scarponi on the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Fugslang wins the Dauphine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dan gets the final Podium spot, excellent Dauphine from him!

fuglsang
    porte
    martin

neris wrote: »
    good ride dan 2nd on the day

Great ride into the podium ☺

porte must be sick after that but he was caught napping and had no team mates around.

Just as well its 10 sec and not 3 because Froome cost Porte the win and 4 bonus sec on Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just watching coverage on Eurosport... assumed it was live... Checked this thread...

D'oh!!!!!
    *facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I think Froome has inadvertently done a mighty favour to Porte's career today if Porte is to really become a serious champion. Froome was conceding victory to Porte yesterday & saying he was happy for him. If ever Porte is to be a champion in the highest sense he has to realise fellow contenders like Foome are not his friends on the road. Sounds like on the road Froome was screwing with him, letting Porte & himself get distanced, sitting on his wheel then putting in a big attack & giving all he got for victory over Porte. Not the actions of someone happy that Porte would win the overall! - which anyway is what competitors are supposed to do, try to win, not disingenuously happily concede victory to their friends. Seems like this misreading of things cost Porte the overall as I presume he was back with Froome distanced from Dan Martin, Fuglsang group cos of focusing on Froome who I imagine was playing with him. Similarly the other day Porte was saying Froome would have helped share the load if he could but had nothing in the legs. This despite Froome trying to distance him on the descent afterwards.

I'd imagine the lesson of it being a dog-eat-dog world & the need for mental toughness would have hit home now for Porte but I'd imagine the BMC team would be really drilling it into him now regardless. People like Froome are not his friends! On Froome's side, the gains of waking up Porte to the reality didn't pay off as I imagine their racing relationship will have changed a fair bit now. I remember last year's Dauphine when pathetically Porte wouldn't add to the attacks I think Contador & Dan were putting in on Froome on a key mountain stage, instead rode as his docile domestique to keep things together. There doesn't need to be any more wake-up calls now surely for Richie if he's got what it takes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭C3PO

Incredible stuff!

Advertisement