Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criterium du Dauphine 2017 - **official thread

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Just got to see yesterday's stage there now, one of the most entertaining stages I can remember in a long time. Despite losing Porte looks in great form, but doesn't look like BMC can give him the support he'll need to win the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

ThisRegard wrote: »
    ITV are bloody worse than Eurosport for ads though, and at least with Eurosport they front load the coverage​ with them, ITV don't.

Fcukers front loaded most of the dauphine with tennis & a bit of kiddies kick ball

Glad I snapped up a player sub when it was half price, I can just flick to the raw feed when ads come on or watch live if it's not on TV or don't want to hear Kirby :D

30 quid to take me up to the Giro next year was decent value. Given they have every WT event and then some, think they have Slovenia Tour this week covered too. Be good to see Cav back racing after his illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

neris wrote: »
    Fcukers front loaded most of the dauphine with tennis & a bit of kiddies kick ball

Lol, true! I sat down to watch the 'live' recording of the last stage and felt like I was watching a movie 5 minutes from the end, no idea how we got to this point in the story.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Listening to Porte in ITV last night he was not pleased. Saying "others did not want me to win the race and were willing to risk their position so that I did not win. Just wait for July" and later something like " Let's see how things are in July"

On a different note, ITV saying something about just realising that stages like that deserve to be covered from rollout to finish, so that's what we are going to do in July. Every stage start to finish live!! Edit: I can't see how every stage is live but they are saying 90hrs of live coverage. See here:

http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/tv-schedule/tv-schedule-when-to-watch-le-tour-2016-live-on-itv4

Can't wait for July...its going to be "Exciting"

I can confidently say I don't want to watch every minute of every stage, thanks though ITV.

Is Ligget still on ITV?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Hager

Brian? wrote: »

Is Ligget still on ITV?

No, hasn't been for quite a while now. Ned Boulting and David Millar are the normal commentary team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Hager wrote: »
    No, hasn't been for quite a while now. Ned Boulting and David Millar are the normal commentary team.

And Chris Boardman /Gary Imlac in studio. Quite informed with CB.

I should also add I don't watch or have any intention on watching every stage live. Happy with the evening highlight programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    On a different note, ITV saying something about just realising that stages like that deserve to be covered from rollout to finish, so that's what we are going to do in July. Every stage start to finish live!! Edit: I can't see how every stage is live but they are saying 90hrs of live coverage. See here:

http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/tv-schedule/tv-schedule-when-to-watch-le-tour-2016-live-on-itv4

Can't wait for July...its going to be "Exciting"

I think I saw an ad for the Tour on Eurosport and it said that they will be showing every stage start-to-finish live also

I think I saw an ad for the Tour on Eurosport and it said that they will be showing every stage start-to-finish live also

From flag to line is what they said on the eurosport ad. Lets pray for Hatch and not Kirby. The Giro coverage nailed it joined live coverage and recapped perfectly imo. Find the coverage of the recent events lacking a recap of the breaks getting away etc. Don't mind they join the stages late on but quite highlight reel at the start of coverage would be nice.

Advertisement