Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supply disconnected at house

Options
  • 31-05-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi, I recently bought a house which had electricity, but as of yesterday the supply was disconnected and now our alarm is beeping low battery so I am anxious to get it reconnected as soon as possible.
    The thing is we haven't yet moved out of our rental property so I still have my Electric Ireland bills tied up in that house, I can't switch over just yet. Also I do not have the MPRN of the new house just the GPRN.
    Would I have to open a new electricity account and then close the old one??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

allybabe84 wrote: »
    Hi, I recently bought a house which had electricity, but as of yesterday the supply was disconnected and now our alarm is beeping low battery so I am anxious to get it reconnected as soon as possible.
    The thing is we haven't yet moved out of our rental property so I still have my Electric Ireland bills tied up in that house,  I can't switch over just yet. Also I do not have the MPRN of the new house just the GPRN.
    Would I have to open a new electricity account and then close the old one??
    Thanks
    Why can't you start a new account for new house?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

grogi wrote: »
    Why can't you start a new account for new house?

I can't just yet as I need to find out what the MPRN number is first, I have no old bills or contact with previous owner to obtain it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi allybabe84,

Thank you for getting in touch.

When a customer wishes to register for energy supply and they already have an electricity/gas account for another property, the only way they can be registered for the two properties is to open a new account at the newer premises (and close the account for the older premises when applicable later on - with a final meter-reading and the date it was noted).

Is the alarm you mentioned the security alarm or are you referring to a Pay As You Go (PAYG) meter?

As supply at the property has only been disconnected very recently, you can register as standard. If you are paying by direct debit, we recommend registering with Electric Ireland Sales, who can apply savings to your account for having direct debit. Sales can be telephoned on 1850 30 50 90.

We need to advise you that there is a reconnection fee for the call-out by ESB Networks. This is EUR79.45 from Electric Ireland and is applied to the first bill for the reconnected property.

We can search for the MPRN here if you private message us the serial number (containing the letters "RM") on the electricity meter itself, and the address in full. Please message us the GPRN also, as well as your name and a sentence stating that you are to be the account-holder of the electricity account in question.

If the property is quite new and has not been registered with Electric Ireland before, we will not be able to find the MPRN on our system. In such a scenario, contact ESB Networks (1850 372 757) with the RM serial number and address.

Please message us first here though if you wish - we will respond as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

Hi allybabe84,

Thank you for getting in touch.

When a customer wishes to register for energy supply and they already have an electricity/gas account for another property, the only way they can be registered for the two properties is to open a new account at the newer premises (and close the account for the older premises when applicable later on - with a final meter-reading and the date it was noted).

Is the alarm you mentioned the security alarm or are you referring to a Pay As You Go (PAYG) meter?

As supply at the property has only been disconnected very recently, you can register as standard. If you are paying by direct debit, we recommend registering with Electric Ireland Sales, who can apply savings to your account for having direct debit. Sales can be telephoned on 1850 30 50 90.

We need to advise you that there is a reconnection fee for the call-out by ESB Networks. This is EUR79.45 from Electric Ireland and is applied to the first bill for the reconnected property.

We can search for the MPRN here if you private message us the serial number (containing the letters "RM") on the electricity meter itself, and the address in full. Please message us the GPRN also, as well as your name and a sentence stating that you are to be the account-holder of the electricity account in question.

If the property is quite new and has not been registered with Electric Ireland before, we will not be able to find the MPRN on our system. In such a scenario, contact ESB Networks (1850 372 757) with the RM serial number and address.

Please message us first here though if you wish - we will respond as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Una

________
    Thanks for that, the alarm is just a standard security alarm. I will send you a PM with the meter details, the house is a second hand house about 20 years old. I'll give sales a ring afterwards.
    Thank you,
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Alison,

We are happy to advise, and we should be able to find the MPRN on our system later today.

Sales are available until 8pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and until 5.30pm on Saturdays.

We can also close your account for the address you are leaving. Just contact us on or after the date you move out, with your final meter-reading/date it was noted, and the relevant Electric Ireland account number. We will also require further details which we can advise you of then.

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement