Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help Aritech cs350 problem

Options
  • 31-05-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey guys

Any help on my following problem would be great. I have recently had some structural work (extension) on the house and the builders cut the alarm cable before removing doors and windows. I connected the broken 4 core cable to a new alarm cable and looped to my new doors and windows.

i tried to set the alarm to find out the open zones. It returns back with kitchen and cabinet tamper. I shorted out a pair at first point of loop and this got rid of the kitchen as an open zone but this leaves the problem of the cabinet tamper.

During the works the central equipment was never disturbed. I would get a tech out but to be fair I had recently only had the whole system serviced so dont want to get someone out again so quickly.

Any info would be great. Could the resistance drop have anything to do with this issue.

thanks a mill:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The zone tamper is open which is wired into the panels tamper which shows as a lid tamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lucanone

The zone tamper is open which is wired into the panels tamper which shows as a lid tamper.

How do i resolve this

thanks

i tried shorting other pair to no avail.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It sounds like all your tampers may be wired in together under aux tamper instead of into each zone.
    Have you a multimeter to check out the tampers wired into that input.?

KoolKid wrote: »
    It sounds like all your tampers may be wired in together under aux tamper instead of into each zone.

Hi there,

yes i did, i shorted other pair but tamper open zone still there.

thanks for reply

sorry yes i do have a meter too. what should i check?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

lucanone wrote: »

If you put a short across terminals 18 and 19 in the panel and close the lid does this sort the tamper?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

lucanone wrote: »

Have you got someone to hold in the tamper spring on the panel to make sure its not the lid?
    After that set your meter to resistance 200 ohms or lower & disconnect & meter out the pair wired into 18 & 19 on the panel . You will probably find there are a number of pairs in series. If the pair shows open go through the pairs one by one to find the open one & see where it is for.
    If you cant find the problem remove that pair from the loop & reconnect.

Advertisement