Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance increase on 6 penalty points

Options
  • 31-05-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

After 6 years with a clean driving licence, I got caught speeding twice within 2 weeks :( !! I not here to argue about the unfairness of it all and how I'm actually such a safe driver yadda yadda yadda.. I was speeding, I got caught, simple as, end of.

I'm delaying informing my insurance because as I am only 24 I am DREADING to see what they slap onto my policy... Already paying €1200 on a 06 diesel Saab (and that's with a clean licence!!) with Aviva who at the time were the cheapest of all companies by €2,000.

Does anyone have any idea what I can expect to be charged here?? I have about 6 months left in my current policy. :(:(

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hard to say but I'd budget 20% at least.

p.s. I think you'll be obliged inform them at renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

Hard to say but I'd budget 20% at least.

p.s. I think you'll be obliged inform them at renewal

No unfortunately you have to tell them once you get the points, otherwise they may not pay out if you are involved in an accident :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

best bet is to tell them now to give it longer time until your renewal comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

A your last renewal / inception 6month ago , you would have received a penalty point discount off 27% for zero points

1. You must call within 7-days
    2. Refund them the costs of discount and expect more loading
    3. Failure to disclose PP prior to an incident /claim will increase your excess by €2500 on top of currrnt policy excess ( clause p99 on the schedule of policy

Sorry to wreck your morning but we have all had bangs, points or random scenarios

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

cplwhisper wrote: »
    A your last renewal / inception 6month ago , you would have received a penalty point discount off 27% for zero points

1. You must call within 7-days
    2. Refund them the costs of discount and expect more loading
    3. Failure to disclose PP prior to an incident /claim will increase your excess by €2500 on top of currrnt policy excess ( clause p99 on the schedule of policy

Sorry to wreck your morning but we have all had bangs, points or random scenarios

Thank you! Exactly the information I needed! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement