Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality Broadcast Spreader

Options
  • 31-05-2017 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Been looking at picking up a decent broadcast spreader for ongoing work on the lawn. It's about an acre (4000sqm) in three areas.

I've seen a few around but the reviews all seem to be mixed on all of them. If you look at them closely they all seem to be just a generic hopper with the same wheels and gearing, just re-branded to Sealey or Earthway or whatever.

Just wondering are there any good quality broadcast spreaders about that will take 30-50Kg? Budget about €200.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Roen wrote: »
    Hi all,

Been looking at picking up a decent broadcast spreader for ongoing work on the lawn. It's about an acre (4000sqm) in three areas.

I've seen a few around but the reviews all seem to be mixed on all of them. If you look at them closely they all seem to be just a generic hopper with the same wheels and gearing, just re-branded to Sealey or Earthway or whatever.

Just wondering are there any good quality broadcast spreaders about that will take 30-50Kg? Budget about €200.
    I ordered this today for 1 acre lawn also:

http://eireagri.ie/ProductDetail/10548/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cheers Pious.

I'm guessing it hasn't arrived yet. Would you be on for posting back your thoughts on it when it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Roen wrote: »
    Cheers Pious.

I'm guessing it hasn't arrived yet. Would you be on for posting back your thoughts on it when it does?

Will do for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Looks like the one I bought a few years ago. Found it excellent, until I lent it to someone who modified it by adding a nail in the hopper to break up lumps of 10-10-20 and broke the gear box😀.

I would advise using insulation tape to block any holes in the frame to stop fertiliser getting in and rotting the frame, and wash it well after every use and it should last years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Thanks Qwerty. Good tip on the fert. Wasn't aware it could corrode metal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement