Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Worth ?

Options
  • 31-05-2017 12:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

All 1750 Acres, If put on the market, 1 lot, What would be the guide price or could anyone/ pension fund etc afford it.
    What I am asking is, If you owned the lot and decided to sell the lot, How many Billions would it be worth today ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

chillin117 wrote: »
    All 1750 Acres, If put on the market, 1 lot, What would be the guide price or could anyone/ pension fund etc afford it.
    What I am asking is, If you owned the lot and decided to sell the lot, How many Billions would it be worth today ?

Not as much as you'd think because you'd never get planning permission on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

chillin117 wrote: »

Planning will be an issue tho right... the land is pretty worthless if a developer couldn't concrete over it and build a development. Look at land for sale (up to 1 acre) just outside Dublin area. Some sites go for 50k.. others go for 400-500k, the latter have planning approved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Sorry, I meant to say, If It was a private estate and no Zoo or Aras or US Ambassador there or anyone, just a private family owned estate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

If you can afford to buy the park, a few councillors and TD's would be pocket change.

The best little country in the the world to do (corrupt) planning permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Phoenix Park is used by millions every year - but private golf clubs are used by very few.

Prime golf club sites

Elm Park

Milltown Golf Club

Castle Golf Club Churchtown

Grange Golf Club

Clontarf Golf club

all 90 - 120 acres in prime residential areas and plenty of other golf clubs near enough :)

That's 500 acres and with a mix of houes and apartments, enough land for 40,000+ homes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Liss Ard estate in Cork is going for €7.5 million: http://www.christiesrealestate.com/eng/sales/detail/170-l-78051-1602110530109595/liss-ard-estate-skibbereen-county-cork-ie. It's a little less than 10% the size of the Phoenix Park, and you could tack on some more value reflecting the location and historical significance of the PP, but I doubt you would be looking at much more than €150 million.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

RustyNut wrote: »
    If you can afford to buy the park, a few councillors and TD's would be pocket change.

The best little country in the the world to do (corrupt) planning permission.

Really? Even better than Nigeria? Thailand? We have a system and some people know how to manipulated it better than others. We even have corruption but please don't make us out to be a third world banana republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Manion wrote: »
    Really? Even better than Nigeria? Thailand? We have a system and some people know how to manipulated it better than others. We even have corruption but please don't make us out to be a third world banana republic.
    "third world" is a now-meaningless cold war term and the "banana republics" were in South America.

Geography and politics fail.

In fact, judging by GDP distortions from multinational profit shifting, Ireland is quote close to the original definition of a banana republic. "Apple republic" perhaps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Lumen wrote: »
    "third world" is a now-meaningless cold war term and the "banana republics" were in South America.
    )

If you're going to engage in pedantry, it's better to be correct; "banana republics" classically were Central American rather than South American.

Geography and politics fail.

In fact, judging by GDP distortions from multinational profit shifting, Ireland is quote close to the original definition of a banana republic. "Apple republic" perhaps :-)

Way to miss the point. I take it you agree with the original comment. Always Irish people jumping for an opportunity to run down the country. Usually based on something they saw on Facebook.

The GDP figures where explained in detail by the CSO, but I suppose your on of those leprechaun economics people. I look forward to hear your opinion on the banks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »
    If you're going to engage in pedantry, it's better to be correct; "banana republics" classically were Central American rather than South American.
    It depends on your definition of "better". It has enabled an outpouring of superior pedantry, an outcome which far outbalances my minor humiliation.

Way to miss the point. I take it you agree with the original comment. Always Irish people jumping for an opportunity to run down the country. Usually based on something they saw on Facebook.

The GDP figures where explained in detail by the CSO, but I suppose your on of those leprechaun economics people. I look forward to hear your opinion on the banks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not Irish, so feel free to jump to alternative sweeping generalisations about my views.

I'm not Irish, so feel free to jump to alternative sweeping generalisations about my views.

Did you make the comment quoted? No. Do you have something to contribute other than pedantry and your own humiliation?

Do you have something to contribute other than pedantry and your own humiliation?
    On the value of the an unencumbered rezoned Phoenix Park?

It's 4.5x the size of Cherrywood SDZ so at those prices about a billion euros at 2014 prices (was Cherrywood sold in 2014?).

Phoenix Park is much closer to the city centre.

Land is D4 is what, 5m/acre? But that's without having to build parkland (of which Cherrywood SDZ was about half).

So lets call it 2.5m/acre, which gives a value of 4.4bn.

What say ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Enough is enough. Thread closed

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement