Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving To Kildare

Options
  • 31-05-2017 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys, I have accepted a job offer for an Accountancy firm in Leixlip, Kildare. I'm moving from Saudi Arabia and am looking for accommodation, transport, shops, restaurants information. My accommodation budget is about 1,000 euros/month (looking for a 2BR place) and can increase the budget if it is closer to Leixlip. From what I've seen online, Leixlip housing is expensive and I could get something cheaper in Celbridge, Naas etc. Please help with any info you may have, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Check with your would be employers and ask if they have any landlords on their client list. - Might make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FatimaR

Hi CeilingFly (lol) and thanks for your reply! Thing is, I've already bothered them a lot for my visa and the labour markets needs test etc and don't want to ask for more help. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

1k will not go far renting but www.daft.ie and www.myhome.ie are the sites for renting.

Are they relocating you? if so do you have access to a relocation team?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Do you drive / plan on getting a car?
    Because despite being close, there is no direct public transport between Leixlip and Celbridge, and Naas is further out and again, no public transport route. To get to Leixlip from Naas you would have to go into Dublin city center and back out again I think. Celbridge you could cycle or go to Maynooth or Lucan and from there to Leixlip.
    Leixlip has several restaurants and good public transport links with Dublin (train and bus).
    There are several small shops/supermarkets in Leixlip, depending on which side you were on, but for big supermarkets you would need to go to Lucan/Celbridge or Maynooth.
    For non-grocery shopping Liffey Valley is a short bus journey away and Blanchardstown is a short drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Defiantly inky transport links east/ west of leixlip. North / South is a nightmare. Of you have a car you are grand but we are in naas and my husband commutes to leixlip through came and it takes him 90 minutes to get home some nights. Problem is sallins. Some towns are serious bottle necks.
    If you are coming alone you could consider a house share as it would be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

One option, if you are moving soon, is to take a summer letting in Maynooth where there's excellent value on places that are rented to students during the academic year.

This then gives you til early September to find the right place in an area that suits you.

Advertisement