Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway Entrance Lighting

Options
  • 31-05-2017 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi, We have a wealth of electrical and building experience on here so I’m looking for some advice/direction.

I am after getting new driveway entrance walls and pillars built. Wall and pillar caps are in place but nothing has been rendered yet.

I’m looking to add some lighting to the entrance. Instead of going the usual route of putting lights on top of the pillars, I was thinking of adding some led’s / led strips under the wall caps and or pillar caps to illuminate the area and new gate. Something kind of like the pictures below but maybe not as bright.
    Atlantic-Water-Gardens-White-LED-Hardscape-Light-Installed-in-Block-Wall.jpg
    Jagannathan+driveway+at+night+4.jpg
    led-strip-lights-outdoor-use-Okzd.jpg

All of the specific “hard scape” lights I see are in the US. I’d prefer not to order from there due possible voltage issues (if there are any) and of course the pain of getting them shipped. Examples of what I am looking to get are linked below.
    http://www.kichler.com/products/category/landscape-12v-led-hardscape.aspx
    http://www.voltlighting.com/landscape-lighting-led-hardscape-lights/c/18

15735GRY30.jpg?w=1876&h=1472
    7790d078-dc79-48e2-afd2-61f48a17003f?max=320&quality=94&_mzcb=_1495703011531
    There are some for sale in a similar style on alibaba but i don't want to buy any rubbish or dodgy electrical stuff from China.

Does anyone know if there lights like this in Ireland or the UK ?

Any further ideas are very welcome.
    Thanks a mill.. Mitch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Try futureled or possibly fantasy lighting
    Wholesalers like a kellihers or edmundsons might have a Robus product that will do the job too.

The location of the driver and it's IP rating are a standard challenge here, the strip might have the correct ip rating but the driver might not.

Advertisement