Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Fibre Installation

Options
  • 31-05-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I have recently ordered fibre broadband from a door-to-door salesman who offered it to my house, about 4 kilometres outside of Tralee. Two people from KN solutions (the company that doe the installations) have been unable to complete this due to two factors - 

1) They are unable to locate where the telephone line enters the house.

2) The pipe from the box to the house is blocked at some point. (On a private road).

I just really need to know what to do next. 
    Would it be possible to dig a trench and pipe to the box myself? What happens when I get to the house as I have no line to pull through?
    Do I need to find where the telephone enters and why? (The fibre line will be separate, and I don't use a landline).
    Would it be easier to order a new line from Eir and work from there?

Thanks in advance, I hope you understand my problem.

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Dannysaltdean,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Usually, if the technician has been out they would report the issue stopping the installation back to eir and a survey would then be carried out to see the exact work needed in order to complete the installation and you will be given a forecast date as to when this will be completed.

I would recommend waiting until you have been contacted by ourselves before carrying out any work yourself as this may need approval by other parties.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dannysaltdean

Hi Anna, 

Thank you for getting in touch so promptly! I would love a technician from Eir to come, as all that has happened is the installation date has been pushed back a couple of times. Could I request a technician to come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I'm afraid we would be unable to arrange this and you should be contacted by our Open eir team in regards to a forecast date.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement