Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass cutting

Options
  • 31-05-2017 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

I need to get the grass cut in a small garden of a 3 bed semi in Collooney. I'll need to get it done twice a month until the end of September.

Any ideas how much this would cost?

Any contacts for people providing this service?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Will probably work out cheaper to buy a small electric mower, than pay someone to do it that many times. I'd say even the smallest lawn would be working out at least a tenner a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Will probably work out cheaper to buy a small electric mower, than pay someone to do it that many times. I'd say even the smallest lawn would be working out at least a tenner a time.

Unfortunately I live more than 300km from Sligo so doing it myself isn't an option but as the owner of the property it is my responsibility to get the grass cut.
    That's why I need to find somebody local to cut it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

high horse wrote: »
    Unfortunately I live more than 300km from Sligo so doing it myself isn't an option but as the owner of the property it is my responsibility to get the grass cut.
    That's why I need to find somebody local to cut it for me.

Ah. Are you renting it out? Would your tenants do it if you supplied them with, or gave them the money for a mower. Can't recommend anyone my self, last two places I rented, the landlord done it him self, one before that, the agency/landlord supplied us with a mower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

If you know any of the neighbour's, ask them for a recommendation. To hire a self-employed, above board landscaper would cost €30 p/m minimum.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Ah. Are you renting it out? Would your tenants do it if you supplied them with, or gave them the money for a mower. Can't recommend anyone my self, last two places I rented, the landlord done it him self, one before that, the agency/landlord supplied us with a mower.

Yeah, it's rented out. I spoke to the insurance company that covers the house and they told me that giving the tenants a lawnmower wouldn't be covered by the house insurance if they injured themselves with it. It would be no bother to do it myself if I wasn't so far away

• Advertisement

If you know any of the neighbour's, ask them for a recommendation. To hire a self-employed, above board landscaper would cost €30 p/m minimum.

That's a good idea, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

That's a good idea, thanks

You could ask the neighbours if they know of any young lads (or lassies) who might cut it for you. There's a neighbour's kid here, about 14 or so, goes around all cutting lawns during the summer to make a few quid for himself. I'm nowhere near Collooney though so he's no use to you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Yeah, it's rented out. I spoke to the insurance company that covers the house and they told me that giving the tenants a lawnmower wouldn't be covered by the house insurance if they injured themselves with it. It would be no bother to do it myself if I wasn't so far away

I'm astounded by this, I've rented many houses through the years, and always just maintained the garden ourselves, obviously a sign of the world that we now live in.

Do you pay for the windows to be cleaned as well?

Advertisement