Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Documents required for VRT on car from NI

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Technique

For those presuming that the VRT office will allow you to write out a receipt while they watch, see my post above:

"They refused a hand written receipt from me yesterday.

The choice is official receipt or proof of shipping date. If you have neither, they will backdate the charge to last time the car was taxed in the UK."

Some offices may be more relaxed about this than others but don't take it as a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Senna wrote: »
    I'm going to be VRT'ing a car tomorrow on my wifes behalf, think I have everything sorted, but has anyone any idea which form do I need VRTVPD1 or VRTVPD2?

VRTVPD2 for private individuals, the VRTVPD1 is for dealers as far as I'm aware.

https://www.ncts.ie/1155

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭deco_b

Finally got the VRT sorted. They wanted an original invoice with the sellers address and VAT number on it before processing

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Bit of a balls but just realised I don't have the V5 form (garage never gave it). Was onto the garage and they have sent it to the DVLA, was onto the DVLA and they said they can issue a V756 export cert and I can use this to register the car. Have been trying to find out if the VRT crowd will accept the V756 cert. Also I am now likely to run over the 30 days so facing fines....not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone used a credit card statement as proof of address? Original, not a download etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

deco_b wrote: »
    Finally got the VRT sorted. They wanted an original invoice with the sellers address and VAT number on it before processing

What happens if its a private sale? Most private sellers would just write down something on a piece of paper, and no vat number either.

How do the vrt office determine if it was a private or dealer sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭deco_b

I was wondering the same, they might ask for evidence of the ad. Best thing to do is call them, they are nice enough to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 aidantracey

Advertisement