Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get a credit report the same as the bank gets?

• 31-05-2017 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

I got turned down for a loan recently because of something on my credit report from 2007, what exactly they wouldn't tell me so I got a report from the ICB as was advised by the bank. Unfortunately I can't see what they are seeing on my report so I rang back and asked about it and whilst they couldn't go into too much detail they insist that there is something there which is stopping them proceeding with the application at this time.

My question is: How do I get a credit report like the financial institutes get? Presumably the one they send out in the post is different to the one they get..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

I got turned down for a loan recently because of something on my credit report from 2007, what exactly they wouldn't tell me so I got a report from the ICB as was advised by the bank. Unfortunately I can't see what they are seeing on my report so I rang back and asked about it and whilst they couldn't go into too much detail they insist that there is something there which is stopping them proceeding with the application at this time.

My question is: How do I get a credit report like the financial institutes get? Presumably the one they send out in the post is different to the one they get..
    Why don't you do a data protection request to the bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

salomon wrote: »
    Why don't you do a data protection request to the bank?

Never thought of that.. good point.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was the Lian application with the same bank you have other accounts with? Credit reports only go back five years

Stheno wrote: »
    Was the Lian application with the same bank you have other accounts with? Credit reports only go back five years

Same bank I use always.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Same bank I use always.

It's something on their internal records then not your credit report

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 Dream123

You can get a copy of your credit report here ... 6 euro fee ...

https://secure.icb.ie/cr_personal.jsp

The credit bureau record remiand for 5 years after the account is closed ... So a 2007 payment issue may still appear if the account didn't close until much later

Dream123 wrote: »
    You can get a copy of your credit report here ... 6 euro fee ...

https://secure.icb.ie/cr_personal.jsp

The credit bureau record remiand for 5 years after the account is closed ... So a 2007 payment issue may still appear if the account didn't close until much later

I have that and can't see anything. The bank however tell me different as did another lender so I'm not sure where to go to get it resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Most likely it's the record of a person with the same name yours if you can't see it on your ICB profile.

A data protection request to your bank and the other lender that turned you down is your only route if they are not willing to work with you in ensuring that they only take your personal data into consideration and not the report about a different person.

Banks won't get any other information from the ICB than you if you use the same data they do in requesting, the only difference could be that they also get the record from another person or possible a combination of your name with a previous address. So if you are sure you gave the ICB all correct details including all previous addresses and you still can't see it, than you must talk to your bank again and do a data request.

Most likely it's the record of a person with the same name yours if you can't see it on your ICB profile.

A data protection request to your bank and the other lender that turned you down is your only route if they are not willing to work with you in ensuring that they only take your personal data into consideration and not the report about a different person.

Banks won't get any other information from the ICB than you if you use the same data they do in requesting, the only difference could be that they also get the record from another person or possible a combination of your name with a previous address. So if you are sure you gave the ICB all correct details including all previous addresses and you still can't see it, than you must talk to your bank again and do a data request.

I'm gonna go in for a chat on Tuesday and see what the story is.

Advertisement