Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel standing order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Hi

I would like to cancel a standing order but there is no option to delete as per the threads found here:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=cancel+standing+order&oq=cancel&aqs=chrome.4.69i59j69i57j35i39j0l3.5632j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=cancel+standing+order+boi

The standing order is there under manage standing order but no option to cancel it. Do I have to call the bank ?

"
    If you wish to cancel a standing order or standing order payment, you must instruct us by close of business one Banking Day before the payment is due. If your instruction arrives later than that and we make a standing order payment which does not comply with your instruction, we will not be responsible for any loss or expense caused to you or anyone else."

Is it a standing order to pay off a loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi

I would like to cancel a standing order but there is no option to delete as per the threads found here:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=cancel+standing+order&oq=cancel&aqs=chrome.4.69i59j69i57j35i39j0l3.5632j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=cancel+standing+order+boi

The standing order is there under manage standing order but no option to cancel it. Do I have to call the bank ?

"
    If you wish to cancel a standing order or standing order payment, you must instruct us by close of business one Banking Day before the payment is due. If your instruction arrives later than that and we make a standing order payment which does not comply with your instruction, we will not be responsible for any loss or expense caused to you or anyone else."

Hi dreamers75,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm if the standing order is going to a Bank of Ireland product or is it a personal standing order? 

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hi

Thanks for the reply, its a personal standing order which has run its course. Not a BOI product.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi

Thanks for the reply, its a personal standing order which has run its course. Not a BOI product.

Thanks
    Hi dreamers75,

Sorry to hear you're still having difficulty with this. We've a video here that shows how to cancel a standing order online.

Thanks
    Tara

Honestly if it was that simple I would not have posted.

See attached for why that video is fairly useless.

You may notice the lack of options in my screenshot compared to the video.

Thanks for the reply.

• Advertisement

Honestly if it was that simple I would not have posted.

See attached for why that video is fairly useless.

You may notice the lack of options in my screenshot compared to the video.

Thanks for the reply.
    Hi dreamers75,

Can you please let me know which browser you're using to log on? If it's IE11 you may need to add 365 Online to compatibility mode.

To do this, you click on the tools drop down menu on the Command Bar at the top of the browser.
    On the Tools drop down menu, click on Compatability View Settings.
    Type www.365online.com into the “Add this website” window and click on Add.
    At that point “365online.com” will appear in the window below. Click on Close.

Next time you login to www.365online.com, the problem should be resolved.

Alternatively, you could try using a different browser to check if the correct options are displaying to cancel the standing order.

Thanks
    Tara

Using Chrome, IE11, Edge and there are no options to cancel on either.

Even with compatibility on.

Using Chrome, IE11, Edge and there are no options to cancel on either.

Even with compatibility on.
    Hi dreamers75,

If you call our customer service team on 0818 365 365 a colleague will look into this further.

Sorry we were unable to resolve this for you here.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement