Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husqvarna Strimmer

Options
  • 31-05-2017 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Been working ok up until this year. What happens now, when I start it,starts ok and runs for
    maybe 5 to 10 minutes and then will died and won't start until it cools down.
    What I've checked:

Air filter - Cleaned
    New Spark Plug
    Rebuilt the Carburettor
    Checked the exhaust was clear
    Compression test - 150 PSI
    Fuel Line - removed to check if blocked
    Fuel cap - left loose to make sure no vacuum on fuel line.
    New petrol + mix

One thing I have notice is, if you start it and let it run, after maybe 5 minutes the
    head will start to rotate slowly .

Just wondering has anybody got any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Overheating is indicated. It could be caused by:
    Lack of lubrication, have you put in the correct proportion of oil?
    Lack of air. Have you cleaned/replaced the air filter. If this is blocked it's similar to running with the choke on.
    Check your spark plug. If it is black and oily, a clogged air filter is the likely cause. If it is white it indicates that your carbuerettor is set to too lean a mixture. In normal running, a spark plug will have a light tan colour.

Advertisement