Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel - IF OR AND any others!

Options
  • 31-05-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Folks looking for a dig out.
    I have created a type of task list that I use in work to try to juggle the many tasks and random stuff coming my way each day.
    I have created a sheet with some slicers and I can filter easily to see what needs to be done when etc. The slicers are like a type of quick view dashboard and I find them great

I am refining it now and wanted to add a due date so I could sort of select July for example and see all tasks due in July in the slicers.

So I have a due date column (column E) which has a DD/MM/YY entry and then I use this formula to spit out a Month Due calculated text in the next column F

=TEXT(E75,"mmmm")

So if I enter due date of 15/07/17 in cell E75 it calculates to JULY in the corresponding Month Due column F. This is perfect for filtering in my slicer quick views

That's fine if there is a due date entered in column E. However if a task has no due date (might just be a reoccurring item such as a weekly update I send to a certain team or just a reminder I want to add to the list with no due date) then the calculation spits out JANUARY by default in to column F.

How do I tell it to remain blank if no entry in the due date column E?

I have figured out by using IF statement that that you can tell a cell to display something or nothing depending on the entry in original cell (e.g. true,false) such as the formula below

=IF(E106="","TRUE","FALSE")

but I can't seem to combine both formula together to tell it .....

If date entered then calculate MONTH...if no date entered the then the cell F stays blank.

D|E|F
    Task|Due Date|Month Due
    finish that stuff|15/07/17|July
    email the team with an update|I have no due date for some tasks|I need this to remain blank

Anyone have a stab at this?

Comments

Advertisement