Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way to speed up Apple account recovery?

Options
  • 31-05-2017 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My partner got a new work phone around 10 days ago. Before setting it up she managed to forget her Apple password and somehow ended up locking the account while trying to reset her password. Anyway, we started the account recovery process online (providing Apple ID, phone no. and her credit card details), as prompted, that day. The message on screen said that we'd get instructions shortly, which we didn't. A couple of days later she called Apple, who told her there was no record of the account recovery attempt (we both saw it being completed, so I don't know why that was the case) and got her to complete the entire process again. Anyway, that was last Wednesday afternoon. Now, a week (or 5 working days) on she's still not heard anything and cannot set up the new phone using her Apple ID (so is still using the old phone).

Is this sort of wait normal? And if so, is there anything we can do that we haven't already to speed things up?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

brophs wrote: »
    Hi,

My partner got a new work phone around 10 days ago. Before setting it up she managed to forget her Apple password and somehow ended up locking the account while trying to reset her password. Anyway, we started the account recovery process online (providing Apple ID, phone no. and her credit card details), as prompted, that day. The message on screen said that we'd get instructions shortly, which we didn't. A couple of days later she called Apple, who told her there was no record of the account recovery attempt (we both saw it being completed, so I don't know why that was the case) and got her to complete the entire process again. Anyway, that was last Wednesday afternoon. Now, a week (or 5 working days) on she's still not heard anything and cannot set up the new phone using her Apple ID (so is still using the old phone).

Is this sort of wait normal? And if so, is there anything we can do that we haven't already to speed things up?

Thanks in advance.

Not quite the same thing, but....

When I changed network recently I also changed phone number. Because I had two-factor security set up, the code for my Apple account was being texted to a phone number I could no longer access. So, I had to go through a process of changing the "trusted" phone number on my account. That whole process took about 6 working days, so I don't think what you're going through is particularly unusual for things like that. As for speeding it up, I'm not sure. Maybe another phone call to customer services?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I did it over the webchat to speed it up..following day I got the verification code to the new phone. worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

As for speeding it up, I'm not sure. Maybe another phone call to customer services?

Nothing Apple can do to speed it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

you have 2 factor authentication so not a standard account. If you have another trusted device like an ipad that she is logged into, you might be able to reset the password.. If not all you can do is wait due to security on account

Advertisement