Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web browser

• 31-05-2017 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I know I'm doing something really stupid and just missing what's right in front of me.

A few months back I switched from my lumia 950xl back to my note 4. Kept meaning to give it another go but then last week the missus broke her phone so i reset the 950 and gave it to her. Only thing is there doesn't seem to be a web browser installed. I assumed edge would be on it when reset. Ok I said, I'll go to the store and get one. But when I search opera mini or edge or just web browser , all that comes up on apps is crap about alternatives and guides to opera etc. What simple mistake Ami overlooking.cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Right, I know I'm doing something really stupid and just missing what's right in front of me.

A few months back I switched from my lumia 950xl back to my note 4. Kept meaning to give it another go but then last week the missus broke her phone so i reset the 950 and gave it to her. Only thing is there doesn't seem to be a web browser installed. I assumed edge would be on it when reset. Ok I said, I'll go to the store and get one. But when I search opera mini or edge or just web browser , all that comes up on apps is crap about alternatives and guides to opera etc. What simple mistake Ami overlooking.cheers

Edge should be there by default (it's listed s Microsoft Edge). Try sending your wife an SMS message with a web address in it (http://www.boards.ie :)) and if she clicks on the link does it bring up a browser?

If not then something may have gone wrong in the reset. You might need to do a full reset with the Lumia Software Reset Tool (or whatever it's called now) from your PC.

It'll fully factory reset your phone and the missing browser should be back.

Advertisement