Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upstairs neighbour's balcony leaking on my balcony

Options
  • 31-05-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Neighbours upstairs balcony is leaking on to our balcony. Given as it is external would this fall to the neighbour or the management company to fix?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I've a feeling this is a structural issue, so Management Company needs to be informed and repair.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Depends on what the balconies are- and what their specified use is. E.g. there could very well be quite suitable drainage on it- that your neighbour has blocked with plant debris etc.

We don't really have enough information to go on here- but in general- its a management company issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Depends on what the balconies are- and what their specified use is. E.g. there could very well be quite suitable drainage on it- that your neighbour has blocked with plant debris etc.

We don't really have enough information to go on here- but in general- its a management company issue.

It seems to be leaking where the apartment end and the balcony begins the ajoining part. There is aneighbour on the ground floor and when it rains there is a big dry patch beside their door while i would gave rain hitting my doir. The upstairs neighbour mentioned she did something for her drainage and i have a strong susoicion sge ****ed up we get on well so just looking for clarification on who responsibiluty it lies with

Advertisement