Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTFO

Options
  • 01-06-2017 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭

Yes, GTFO. That's the name of the debut game from 10 Chambers Collective, a new studio founded by one of the creators of Payday. It's only got a teaser/announcement trailer so far, but the press blurb quotes sound interesting;
    4-player hardcore co-op action horror FPS
    Every expedition in GTFO is unique and the game lets you make informed decisions on what equipment and weapons to bring – but even then survival is not guaranteed
    We can go for a more niche audience – so GTFO goes out to the tight knit, die hard co-op teams of 2-4 people

One worth watching hopefully.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If it's the same team as payday 2 it'll be riddled with lies and microtransactions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Sure, although the cynic in me thinks that about every prospective game I might be interested in.

FWIW, they've been trying to distance themselves from the micro-transactions on FB, saying that was more of an Overkill/Starbreeze decision. Their press release also hinted at being free to do what they want this time, because the game's funding is already in place. Believe it when you see it, for sure, but I won't write it off as another cash grab just yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This might just be the worst named game since PO'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This might just be the worst named game since PO'ed

*ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Get The F?ck Out. Seems to go with the concept of the horror style game. Hurry let's GTFO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Sure, although the cynic in me thinks that about every prospective game I might be interested in.

FWIW, they've been trying to distance themselves from the micro-transactions on FB, saying that was more of an Overkill/Starbreeze decision. Their press release also hinted at being free to do what they want this time, because the game's funding is already in place. Believe it when you see it, for sure, but I won't write it off as another cash grab just yet.

I'm really not surprised they're trying to distance themselves from it, it was a complete and utter disaster for them.
    Lie upon lie, upon lies about never having microtransactions, they literally said, "we'll never have microtransactions", then.. microtransactions.

plus yeah.. the dlc nightmare that is payday 2 - stock game not included, it has 48 dlc's. Granted one or two are free, and another one or two are things that nobody really wants or needs - they're even selling a christmas soundtrack ffs.

If it turns out not to be a game like Payday2 is now after 6 months on steam, i'll be surprised, and i may even think about buying it then, but they've made their beds as far as i'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Game Trailer Fairly Obscure

New trailer... So Aliens and The Thing meet Left4Dead and pick up some dumb mick on the way. Ignoring the potential eff-you-business-model, I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Interesting to note the real Irish accent from one of the characters. Mafia III did this as well (not with Burke, another character who appears in one of the DLCs) and I am glad to see developers giving some attention to accuracy in characterisation.

As for whether the game will be good or not, that remains to be seen. Will keep an eye on it!

Completely forgot about this one. Feedback from E3 has been okay - gameplay is supposed to be fairly tough, and the game doesn't hold your hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Completely forgot about this one. Feedback from E3 has been okay - gameplay is supposed to be fairly tough, and the game doesn't hold your hand.

Would you go as far as to say its the Dark Souls of Left for Dead'like 4 Player Coop First Person Shooter Action Survival Horror games?

Would you go as far as to say its the Dark Souls of Left for Dead'like 4 Player Coop First Person Shooter Action Survival Horror games?

Totally, or DSL4D4PCo-opFPSASH games, as they're commonly known.

Advertisement