Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Spotlight - (AMA) - WiinieThePoo

Options
  • 01-06-2017 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

Its the first PW Spotlight of 2017 and its with...

WinneThePoo

So heres the skinny on how this thread works! Its basically a AMA type deal featuring a PW boardsie.

Basically each week I shall start a new thread with a different member of PW Boards featured each week

In this thread the other boardies can ask him or her a host of different questions. Questions can vary from favourite match, to how they came up with their usernames to what the had for tea last night, with the aim of the thread being that we know that particular boardsie a bit better when the week is done.

There are some rules :

1. Questions should be Pro Wrestling related although some leeway is allowed e.g. TV and Film interests (Stuff we all talk about in the Off-Topic Thread)
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to.
    3. Moderator has final decision on what questions are appropriate or deemed too personal or unrelated.
    4. No discussion of poster's answers in the thread (follow up questions are ok)
    5. Only the poster featured should be answering the questions.
    6. There will be a limit to 3 questions per post.

Still unsure, check out last years thread with Lord TSC here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057591678

So without further ado, its Winnie!

Ask away guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ill get the ball rolling.......

1# Why the Winnie Username? A big fan of Mr poo?

2# Whats your Fav wrestling moment and why?

3# Whats your fav movie with a wrestler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ill get the ball rolling.......

1# Why teh Winnie Username? A big fan of Mr poo?

2# Whats your Fav wrestling moment and why?

3# Whats your fav movie with a wrestler?

Hey Beakerjoe ! Thanks for the questions.

1- Yes. I had vhs tapes and Winny the poo bears when i was very young. Loved the tv show. Also I had a blue winter jacket in college that was similiar and the people called me Winnie!:)

2- When I was younger I didn't watch wrestling that much. I think I watched more of WCW Nitro because it was on a Friday night when Eurosport changed into TCM. I remember Sting mainly. I don't remember moments but just wrestlers as a child.
    I really only started watching wrestling in 2009. Two moments since then stand with me . The Nexus invasion on Raw. When they started tearing apart the ring and attacking Justin Roberts . That was brillant.
    My favourite moment though was Daniel Bryan winning at Wrestlemania 30 . That whole storyline got me watching WWE more. I really really wanted Bryan to succeed. It was the ultimate feel good moment, then less than a week later his life was turned upside down.

3- I recently watched The Wrestler for the second time and noticed Cesaro, Austen Aries, R-Truth and that crazy guy with the beard. I enjoyed it again. I have to go with 'They Live' with Roddy Pipper. It's one of my favourite horror films ever. I have watched it countless times. Pipper is the ultimate badass all the way through . The hilarious over the top alley fight with his friend just has to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

1) What is your top 3 all time matches?

2) If you were a wrestler what would your finisher be?

3) Who in your opinion has the best look in wrestling? (Entrance theme, ring gear etc)

4) Coke or Pepsi?

LeeJM wrote: »
    1) What is your top 3 all time matches?

2) If you were a wrestler what would your finisher be?

3) Who in your opinion has the best look in wrestling? (Entrance theme, ring gear etc)

4) Coke or Pepsi?

1) This is gonna be a weird list!

3. Aztec Warfare 1 (Lucha Underground)

Basically a royal rumble match . Instead of throwing your opponent over the top rope you have to pin. You could pick any of the three they have had. Enjoyable romps with plenty of flippy stuff. Joey Ryan won me over with his performances!:p

2. Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi (Wrestlekingdom)

I'm a fairly new convert to Japanese wrestling. So this match was an eye opener . This is a 25 minute stonker where Nakamura and Ibushi kick ribbons off eachother. I think the match was for the I.C. title, though it should have been for the open weight title. Both men looked like absolute stars to me. I would love to see a repeat. Maybe a WWE japenese network special?

1. TLC ( Wrestlemania 17)

Absurd. All these men should be in wheelchairs. Never do this again.

2) Canadian destroyers look deadly! , though I haven't seen someone pin with the move in a long time. I'd go Shawn Michaels superkick . j

3) John Morrison back in WWE. Really liked his entrance music. The slow mo effect was something different from the rest of the WWE roster. The whole rock star gimmick worked for him.
    Great in ring talent , sadly can't talk!. Maybe WWE should bring him back and form a stable with Breezango. Call it BreezanMO.

4) I have to say I'm a coke man. Usually just use it for drinking now , as my teeth feel horrible from drinking it sober lol.

Cheers for the questions:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I may as well throw out a few more Q's seen as its been quiet thus far.

1) So you have said you liked John Morrisons look so which of his teams was better, MNM or Miz/Morrison?

2)Who is your favourite IC champ ever and what was his/her best title reign?

3) Roman Reigns gets injured and misses WrestleMania next year, who do you have face Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title in the main event?

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    I may as well throw out a few more Q's seen as its been quiet thus far.

1) So you have said you liked John Morrisons look so which of his teams was better, MNM or Miz/Morrison?

2)Who is your favourite IC champ ever and what was his/her best title reign?

3) Roman Reigns gets injured and misses WrestleMania next year, who do you have face Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title in the main event?

1- I actually missed both tag teams . I started paying attention around the summer of 2009. I have looked back and seen both teams in action and on the mic. I'd have to go with Miz and Morrison. Too quote Dave Meltzer or Moneymaker , Miz looked like such a geek with hat and ring attire. A rekindling of Miz and Morrison would be awesome.

2- I'm gonna throw some R.V.D love . He's won the championship six times. I've always been an R.V.D mark. Maybe its because I was mark for the Jean claude aswell. The name worked on me.
    When i first saw an episode of Impact wrestling and saw him on it. I was shocked . I was like ' He's a star...whats he doing here?'.
    I don't have any feuds to pinpoint. Though his matches with Christian where great.

3- If Roman beats Lesnar a year after beating Taker, surely he's the biggest most doggest of them all!.

If he's out who do you put in place? When does he get injured? Lets say he gets injured in a match against Strowman at Summerslam. That means we have a good amount of time to build to a worthy challenger.
    You could have Finn be kept away from Lesnar for as long as possible and have him win the Royal Rumble and go on to face the beast at Wrestlemania.

If Nakamura stays over , you could have him have a go and highlight they've fought before. It could also propel WWE's hands in the Japanese market.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If you could have one wrestler back in the WWE and actively wrestling who would it be?

Loughc wrote: »
    If you could have one wrestler back in the WWE and actively wrestling who would it be?

That's a tough one.

Do you mean they are actively wrestling outside of the WWE now?

I'd take a punt on Ethan Carter . I haven't seen to much of him but what I have seen has been good.

Otherwise it would be Daniel Bryan or Edge. So three answers lol.

1. How does it feel seeing that I mispelled your name on the thread title? (Sorry)

2. If theres one wrestler you think you havent seen enough of but wanna watch more of, who would it be?

3. Fav tag team finisher and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

1. At what point did you realise wrestling was scripted? (Shocking, I know) Was there anything that gave it away or did you just find out?

2. How do you feel about real world and wrestling world overlapping? Like bringing issues wrestlers may have with each other on to the screen.

3. Who would you Release? Push? Depush? (I'll say not to say Reigns :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

1) Any TV shows you'd recommend that's not super popular?

2) What's the last CD/album you bought?

3) Perfect cup of tea preferences?

1. How does it feel seeing that I mispelled your name on the thread title? (Sorry)

2. If theres one wrestler you think you havent seen enough of but wanna watch more of, who would it be?

3. Fav tag team finisher and why?

1- No worries ha:)

2- I would have liked to see Ric Flair in his prime. Apart from his latter years in WWE and TNA I never got to see him work that much.
    I remember seeing him in a tumb tacks match against Mick Foley on Impact and thinking why?
    He's bundles of charisma that so many wrestlers just don't possess.

3- I've popped a few times in the last year to shatter machine by The Revival, so I will go with that.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    1. At what point did you realise wrestling was scripted? (Shocking, I know) Was there anything that gave it away or did you just find out?

2. How do you feel about real world and wrestling world overlapping? Like bringing issues wrestlers may have with each other on to the screen.

3. Who would you Release? Push? Depush? (I'll say not to say Reigns :))

1- I think when ever my brother saw me watching wrestling as a kid he'd chime in and tell me it wasn't real. I think by 13/14 I knew well enough.

2- I think its subjective. Matt Hardy feuding with Edge was just plain weird and shows you how crazy wrestling is at times. Michael Cole using Kings mothers death to get heat was nuts( King agreed to it happening).

Release- Dolph Ziggler

I have nothing against Ziggler. I like Ziggler. I like the way he works, he is decent on the mic. I just find him so meh right now. The whole apollo , kalisto and Ziggler feud was appalling. From a logical booking stand point. How did it get on TV. Ziggler could benefit from going on the Indies and coming back at a later date,

Push- Rusev

The guy has buckets of charisma. A great worker and a good look. He should be in Jinders position now. Rusev is one of the best talents on the roster.

Depush- Jinder

If they had plans for Mahal . It should have been long term. Giving him a couple of lackeys and the belt with in a month after being a jobber for half a decade . I fear he will be back jobbing on raw in six months time.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    1) Any TV shows you'd recommend that's not super popular?

2) What's the last CD/album you bought?

3) Perfect cup of tea preferences?

1- I'd recommend an Amazon Prime show called Bosch. It's a detective noir story. I'm a big Noir fan.
    I'd also recommend Gomorrah. An Italian crime show that makes Love/Hate look like Disney Land.

2- I picked up the Zutons first album the other day in a charity shop. I also bought both Run The Jewels albums a couple of weeks in Tower Records, Dublin. I'm a music nerd so like having physical copies of music I like.

3- I keep the teabag in:eek: . A little bit of milk. Oh and Lyons tea.

1. Do you like Video Games and if so whats your fav?

2. What was the first album you picked up?

3. Staying on the music topic, whats your fav wrestling theme?

1. Do you like Video Games and if so whats your fav?

2. What was the first album you picked up?

3. Staying on the music topic, whats your fav wrestling theme?

1- I've always been a pc gamer. Though I never really played any new games after about 2005. I still have the Age of Empires Series, Age of Mythology, Rise Of Nations. Love those to pieces and every so often do the campaigns and then go online and get hockeyed!.
    The game I play consistently is Championship Manager 2001/2002 . There is an active online community that updates the database twice a year and creates patches. I have still sink hours into that game. I never really got into later versions. It seems way to complex for me.

2- Aqua . I can't remember what age I was, but very young. Doctor Jones was a hit back then!

3 Got to be Christians 2003ish tune. A rock and roll stonker.

1. Irish bias aside, from what you've seen of them on the main roster, what is your opinion of Finn and Becky?

2. We need a new tag team that will get over made up of 2 guys that are going nowhere on their own. Who do you choose?

3. What was the last concert you were at?

1- I've always been a pc gamer. Though I never really played any new games after about 2005. I still have the Age of Empires Series, Age of Mythology, Rise Of Nations. Love those to pieces and every so often do the campaigns and then go online and get hockeyed!.
    The game I play consistently is Championship Manager 2001/2002 . There is an active online community that updates the database twice a year and creates patches. I have still sink hours into that game. I never really got into later versions. It seems way to complex for me.

Ah Im a football manager man, its not to complex from championship manager, but yeah the consume ya. Champo 01/03 was the last great Champo too. Once Sports interactive left it went to pants.

1. Are you a "take a small team and build them up from scratch" player?

2. What do you think of Hogan?

3. Do you have a fav ice cream flavour?

1. Irish bias aside, from what you've seen of them on the main roster, what is your opinion of Finn and Becky?

2. We need a new tag team that will get over made up of 2 guys that are going nowhere on their own. Who do you choose?

3. What was the last concert you were at?

1- I think Becky will win more championships . Shes a good worker and clearly over to a certain extinct . I like Finn, if they present him like a top guy, he will feel like a top guy.

2- Tough one with recent good pairings of Chesaro, Breezango and Slyhno.
    I feel Big Show is at his best when he supporting someone. I liked his tag reigns with Jericho and Miz. Sami Zayn slow cook heel turn with Show would be good imo. Give them some time then have Zayn propelled back into the singles with a story and momentum .

3- I went to friends gig in Fibber Magees a couple of weeks ago. It was a battle of the bands. I wouldn't be heavily into metal , but really enjoyed all the bands.

Ah Im a football manager man, its not to complex from championship manager, but yeah the consume ya. Champo 01/03 was the last great Champo too. Once Sports interactive left it went to pants.

1. Are you a "take a small team and build them up from scratch" player?

2. What do you think of Hogan?

3. Do you have a fav ice cream flavour?

1- Champman already consumers me so much!. My first version was CM03/04. Funnily enough I also play CM00/01 with the original databse as well.
    I always check out what the new games provide and look at the odd youtuber.

I've currently got a save with FC United. 7 seasons in and two promotions from north conference league . Slowly getting to the premiership. Iv'e gotten bray to win champions league final recently as well. Though I mix it up. Its nice to play with a big club and sign players like crazy.

2- I think he's an arsehole. He should be never let near creative in any company. Though that's unlikely to happen. Though I did like Gawker being taken down.

3- Vanilla. Mint Chocolate is nice as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Favourite​ wrestler at the moment?

What makes you want to just turn of wrestling?

Favourite takeaway?

Favourite​ wrestler at the moment?

What makes you want to just turn of wrestling?

Favourite takeaway?

1. AJ Styles knocks it out of the park pretty much every week.

2.When the main announcer goes full heel ie. Cole. I makes watching the show insufferable. WWE making wrestlers look like ****e and expecting us to invest in them at short notice.

3. There's a local pizza place I usually order from called Ricardo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Which wrestler has the best hair today?

Which wrestler has the best hair of all time?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Which wrestler has the best hair today?

Which wrestler has the best hair of all time?

1. Becky Lynch! on the guys side I always liked Rollins hair with the streak of blonde.

2. Fit finlays mullet in WCW

How do you think you would do in a zombie apocalypse?

How do you think you would do in a zombie apocalypse?

I'd give myself two weeks. I would run out of amberleaf and venture in to populated areas to find more. Get bitten then. My weapon of choice would be a screw driver:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey dude :)

Do you have any wrestling memorbilia ?

Whats your favorite match type

If you were given unlimited funds to build a company to rival WWE who'd your 1st 3 signings be

Hey dude :)

Do you have any wrestling memorbilia ?

Whats your favorite match type

If you were given unlimited funds to build a company to rival WWE who'd your 1st 3 signings be

1-I had a hulk hogan action figure when I was younger. I think I had a stone cold steve austin pencil case in primary school.

2- Royal Rumble match has always got me excited. Though i think Aztec Warfare is better:p

3-

1. Prince Puma/ Richohet - Lead Babyface
    2. Alberto Del Rio
    3. Cody Rhodes

I picked these three because they are not contracted to WWE at the moment, so they would be easier to get. Richohet is one of the best performers in the world. The guy is outstanding as Prince Puma. I would keep his mask on. He's Rey Mysterio Jnr Jnr.
    Del Rio is one of the best in the business. Under used and often forgotten at WWE. He can talk and Wrestler. He can get over as face or Heel. Cody Rhodes was picked because I'm a mark for himself. I'd have him lead his own Bullet Club style group .

Advertisement