Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding account closure

Options
  • 01-06-2017 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Good morning, I have closed my account (online form) last Monday, however funds haven't been transferred to my new account. I went in to the branch but they couldn't help and said to contact customer support on the phone. I have been having trouble getting through to the right person as the line ends up dropping after long waiting times. Would you be able to provide me correct number to call please? Alternatively maybe you know why I haven't received funds to the account I provided?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi simona,

We are sorry to hear you were having difficulty getting through to ourselves.Please call our customer service team on 0818 365 365 and an advisor with account access will be happy to help you.

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭simona

Hi simona,

We are sorry to hear you were having difficulty getting through to ourselves.Please call our customer service team on 0818 365 365 and an advisor with account access will be happy to help you.

Thanks

Kareana
    Hi Kareana, thanks for your response. I have called them numerous times on the number you provided. Everytime after going through numerous options and waiting 10 minutes, I get transferred to cancellation team and call gets dropped. Can you provide me with cancellation team phone number or any other direct number to avoid wasting so much time and money while being on hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi simona

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear this.The procedure normally would take 10 working days. Have you received any confirmation in the post? When the process is complete you will receive a closing statement in the post. If you do require additional information in regards of the closure you will need to contact customer service team.

Thanks

Kareana

Advertisement