Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance claim query

Options
  • 01-06-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

My wife was rear ended last night (oh er :D). Lady behind her just didnt see her slowing down behind a car turning right and went right into the back of our car.

her car is in bits, airbags the lot, thankfully she is ok.

Ours doesnt look terrible at a first glance but im always wary of these things as it got a proper smack.

we share a car, she drives to work every day, im on the dart. basically we need to get sorted out asap.

our insurer is allianz and axa is the other parties.

i dont think there is any question of whose fault it is, nor do the gardai.

that said we need to be back on the road asap. allianz are telling me the quickest way to sort it is for us to claim and for them to re claim from axa.

Is that reasonable advice? we have a fully protected NCB but i dont want a claim on my policy if we shouldnt have one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Cyrus wrote: »
    Hi

My wife was rear ended last night (oh er :D). Lady behind her just didnt see her slowing down behind a car turning right and went right into the back of our car.

her car is in bits, airbags the lot, thankfully she is ok.

Ours doesnt look terrible at a first glance but im always wary of these things as it got a proper smack.

we share a car, she drives to work every day, im on the dart. basically we need to get sorted out asap.

our insurer is allianz and axa is the other parties.

i dont think there is any question of whose fault it is, nor do the gardai.

that said we need to be back on the road asap. allianz are telling me the quickest way to sort it is for us to claim and for them to re claim from axa.

Is that reasonable advice? we have a fully protected NCB but i dont want a claim on my policy if we shouldnt have one

Yes, it is reasonable advice.

You also have an obligation anyway to minimise your losses.

Do not forget to have your uninsured losses included in the claim for recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

P.S. I should have added that if you deal directly with the other insurers do not sign any discharge form until it is perfectly clear that your wife has not sustained any personal injuries.

This is not a prompt to make an injury claim just a caution not to make an inadvertent error !

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Guy in work was t-boned at low speed, but the airbags went off. Only damage visible was the door and wing. 2011 Jag. Write off. Economically anyway. Airbags go off and all the plastics and the airbag need to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    P.S. I should have added that if you deal directly with the other insurers do not sign any discharge form until it is perfectly clear that your wife has not sustained any personal injuries.

This is not a prompt to make an injury claim just a caution not to make an inadvertent error !

looks like she has actually, she went to the doctor yesterday as he back and neck are in bits and she has whiplash :( which is terrible news as he back isnt good anyway

Advertisement