Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liffey trip

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

I used to know two brothers who died undertaking something similar on blessington lakes.

Boats and booze just dont mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Anyone fancy an early morning trip up the Liffey?

We could get drunk, steal a boat, zig zag into the shipping lanes and, taunt the coastguard and to round it out, strip naked and get arrested.

Strange story. Assume the men involved saw the movie the Hangover one too many times. Luckily there were no injuries caused by their stupidity.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/four-middleaged-men-steal-boat-and-drive-in-erratic-manner-up-and-down-liffey-blocking-shipping-lanes-35777675.html

The photos oh god the photos I wish I'd never looked burning eyes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

MysticMonk wrote: »
    I used to know two brothers who died undertaking something similar on blessington lakes.

Especially On the liffey... Debonair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

MysticMonk wrote: »

I saw two guys heading out of Howth in a ten foot inflatable in a force 4 or 5 and they stank of booze. Tried to warn them off but they didn't speak English.

Said it to the harbour master but they had already headed off. Dog in the boat with them too. It boggles the mind.

Have also seen a serious amount of drunk pilots out from Carrick on stag in rented cruisers. Once you have a credit card they just hand you the keys. Followed one lot up the river with a floatilla of empty beer cans following them. When we caught up there were two lads topless dancing a jig on the roof of the cruiser (type without a fly ridge). Boat was all over the place. Mad place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Have also seen a serious amount of drunk pilots out from Carrick on stag in rented cruisers. Once you have a credit card they just hand you the keys. Followed one lot up the river with a floatilla of empty beer cans following them. When we caught up there were two lads topless dancing a jig on the roof of the cruiser (type without a fly ridge). Boat was all over the place. Mad place.

I sometimes go fishing on Lough Ree and towards the athlone end you regularly encounter boats full of stags and hens ,pissed.

Even with local knowledge there are reefs in that lake that can tear the arse out of a boat and it can be a long way to swim ashore,even if you're not pissed then there's the constant wakes from clowns plying speedboats up and down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement