Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 01-06-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi im 17 years old, im looking for the cheapest way to get on the road, what kind of car i should go for regarding years and litre.my parents are willing to let me on there policy if that helps? Just looking for ideas on how people done it. Basically im looking for the cheapest way to get insurance. Thanks anthony.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

4 things.

1. Get your full license.
    2. Save hard. It'll be expensive.
    3. Shop around.
    4. Get a small car with a smaller engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anthony2000

Thanks.does it matter if the car is up the years or not? Thanks for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Thanks.does it matter if the car is up the years or not? Thanks for any info

Car should be less then 10 years old or insurance goes up for many companies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 JtByrne

Your parents can't add you as a named driver if you own the car.
    If it's your car, the insurance has to be in your name.
    If they say the car is theirs, insure you on it but you're driving it the most, this is called fronting and it's illegal.

The smaller the car, usually the cheaper the insurance.

Advertisement