Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand commercial Strimmer

Options
  • 01-06-2017 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi there

I rented out a stihl Strimmer from a local plant place, it was a pleasure to cut round the ditches and an embankment. where would or could I buy one f these second hand? Seems way more powerful than most Ive seen, especially the line for stimming

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,565 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Donedeal perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

most hire places off load the hired items after a period of time... ask that hire place when are they selling them on?
    i bought a belle mixer before off a hire place. the drum was ok but after a few years it was fecked so i replaced it with a new one. didnt fancy paying 700 euro + for a new one when the 2nd hand one was 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭kaiserrussel

thekooman wrote: »
    most hire places off load the hired items after a period of time... ask that hire place when are they selling them on?
    i bought a belle mixer before off a hire place. the drum was ok but after a few years it was fecked so i replaced it with a new one. didnt fancy paying 700 euro + for a new one when the 2nd hand one was 250.

Good point, Ill call in and ask I think it was a stihl FS-60 or something, it had "Bull Horn" handles and it ate through the grass/hedge weeds

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭kaiserrussel

Donedeal perhaps?

I have looked there but I don't know if I would trust done deal/adverts etc for something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

Bought a Robin RB411 5 years ago. After fooking about with second hand strimmers/gardening equipment for years, it was the best money I ever spent. in and around the €400 mark.
    Buy new garden equipment. If the kit is good, it wont be sold. I always recommend buying new gardening kit and maintaining/servicing it every season. With a 2 stroke engine, there is very little maintenance. Cleaning and greasing the head etc. Will save you money in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

sorry, its collection only

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

eoinzy2000 wrote: »
    Bought a Robin RB411 5 years ago. After fooking about with second hand strimmers/gardening equipment for years, it was the best money I ever spent. in and around the €400 mark.
    Buy new garden equipment. If the kit is good, it wont be sold. I always recommend buying new gardening kit and maintaining/servicing it every season. With a 2 stroke engine, there is very little maintenance. Cleaning and greasing the head etc. Will save you money in the long run.

+1,
    Buy good, buy once
    Second hand, you could end up with a pup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

• Advertisement
Advertisement