Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House purchase

Options
  • 01-06-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have this posted in legal but a bit more traffic here.

Hi,
    I am in the process of a house purchase that has been dragging on since January.
    We were not advised when we approached our solicitor that they only work part time.

It is a practice and others do not cover in her absence. Things only seem to happen on the days she is there and remain stalemate when not.

Should this have been disclosed at the beginning of the process? I only found out after a month or so.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

I have this posted in legal but a bit more traffic here.

Hi,
    I am in the process of a house purchase that has been dragging on since January.
    We were not advised when we approached our solicitor that they only work part time.

It is a practice and others do not cover in her absence. Things only seem to happen on the days she is there and remain stalemate when not.

Should this have been disclosed at the beginning of the process? I only found out after a month or so.

Thank you

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Anyone??

I would move solicitor or tell her get herself together and get moving. The more it drags on, the more she'll get for expenses out of you.

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    I would move solicitor or tell her get herself together and get moving. The more it drags on, the more she'll get for expenses out of you.

I considered moving but feel it would just delay things further. Lesson learned.

I wonder though, should they inform clients of this prior to signing up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

I considered moving but feel it would just delay things further. Lesson learned.

I wonder though, should they inform clients of this prior to signing up with them.

they definitely should but i would still look into it.

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    they definitely should but i would still look into it.

Thanks for the reply. I emailed the practice owner as getting close to the end of the mortgage approval and he has assured us that he will keep things going in her absence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement