Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feed Back

Options
  • 01-06-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭

Hi I was in one of your branches today for the first time in years, really don't like the way it is going. Staff were great but there was in privacy, very slow and not counters, everything by machine or on line. 

To me I want the personal touch, I want to know how to call if I have a problem, I don't want this type of online banking if I did I'd go with Rabbo or somebody else. The high street branch, being able to pick up the phone and speak to the branch .... I normally bank with AIB being able to see them having a counter and all banking services helps being able to phone them has saved me more than once. I closed my First Active account when they went cashless.  

My Mother banks with you and has been having problems now I can see why, this lark is not suitable for older people.   

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi I was in one of your branches today for the first time in years, really don't like the way it is going. Staff were great but there was in privacy, very slow and not counters, everything by machine or on line. 

To me I want the personal touch, I want to know how to call if I have a problem, I don't want this type of online banking if I did I'd go with Rabbo or somebody else. The high street branch, being able to pick up the phone and speak to the branch .... I normally bank with AIB being able to see them having a counter and all banking services helps being able to phone them has saved me more than once. I closed my First Active account when they went cashless.  

My Mother banks with you and has been having problems now I can see why, this lark is not suitable for older people.   
    Hi spaceHopper,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with the digital options in our branches. We have had really positive feedback from many of our older customers regarding these changes however, staff are available to help any customers who are not comfortable using these options. 

We do appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and we'll ensure to pass this on.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Wasting your time OP. This is all by design. They know customers aren't happy and they don't care.

"We have had really positive feedback from many of our older customers regarding these changes."

That's interesting. Did any of it specifically say that they preferred the new branch environment over the old one?

The only thing to do OP is move your business elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Hi spaceHopper,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with the digital options in our branches. We have had really positive feedback from many of our older customers regarding these changes however, staff are available to help any customers who are not comfortable using these options. 

We do appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and we'll ensure to pass this on.

Thanks
    Tara
    I find that hard to believe from the people in the queue around me nobody seemed happy with it.

Advertisement