Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A week before the Junior Cert

• 01-06-2017 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

There's probably too many posts like this but I feel I have to say it. I'm new here but just looking for some advice. The JC is on Wednesday and I haven't studied* for it. I got 1 A, 5 Bs, 2 Cs and an E (Irish), all Higher Level JC in the Mocks. I'm a lazy, careless student and I don't study but yet I still want good results. So while everyone else has been studying since September, I say a week before JC, "Maybe I should give the studying a go", only to realise how truly screwed I am. I'm looking for at least 5 or 6 As. What should I do? I'm freaking out because my parents are like, "your getting the all As aren't you !?" and I'm like "…sh*t!!!".

*When I mean I haven't studied, I mean I do my homework - mostly written, sometimes learning. I haven't did anything in excess of the 2 or 3 hours of written homework all year. I studied for any class test we had and probably got a B or C but that's about it.

If you know what I should do to cram at the last minute just say it. Thx :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Don't panic. Do what you can in the week you have left. JC is more important for the experience of sitting public exams rather than the results, which really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    If "5 or 6 A's" was a priority, then thinking about that and getting a study plan going back in Sept would have been the way to go. Too late for that now, just do what you can.
    Take the lesson from this into your final two years/LC, and don't leave it till the last week then. Best of luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm a lazy, careless student and I don't study but yet I still want good results.

Please change this before you do your Leaving. You might be lucky and do well in the Junior - in some subjects over 40% who sit the HL paper get an A or B, but this will not transfer to the Leaving. If you do no work for the Leaving, your results will reflect it.

I want to eat cream cakes and Maccers all day every day and still want to dance for the Bolshoi - it's unlikely to say the least.

Advertisement