Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone used the new dating social event trend " A Table For Six" ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Irishnaomes

Hi there
    I thought I’d give it a go. Paid €50 in August and never heard anything back. No phone number to contact them.
    Did you use tickets? Ever hear from the company. I’m going to start procedures through the bank to get my money back.
    [snipped]
    https://www.atableforsix.ie/

I recently won a ticket for this new dating social event.

3 guys & 3 girls meet together for dinner & drinks.
    The Organiser rings the next day to see how each person got on and will try organise a follow up date. I choose Cork but this is happening nationwide.

If you have experienced this what did you think.of the set up and any stories with it.

If you haven't what do you think of the set up and would you try it.

Worth a try anyway as online dating is a pretty damp squid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭anewme

My friend did not get her money back either.

Are the organisers hoping that people don’t ask for a refund? What was the name of the company?

[snipped]

Seems that way. But some people said they phoned. I can’t find a phone number on the website. The contact is at the top of the page doesn’t work. Only one at the very bottom. Never get a response. It’s called a table for six
    Are the organisers hoping that people don’t ask for a refund? What was the name of the company?

[snipped]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Here you go:

findlove@atableforsix.ie

[snipped]

If in doubt, I'd get in touch with Ryan Tubridy's show - he promoted her new idea last year, would probably be interested to know if they were taking bookings and not refunding anyone.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I got a half price code for this and went along early January. It was a bit of a mess, started 45 minutes late and there were only 5 people at my table. I'd not do it again.

Funnily I just raised a PayPal disbute (forgot I had used PayPal. Nearly 6 months ago now. ) and have received and email and a phone call in the space of 5 minutes. Tried to call her back but went to voicemail. So have left a message. She said a refund is no issue. So we’ll see.
    seamus wrote: »
    Here you go:

findlove@atableforsix.ie

[snipped]

If in doubt, I'd get in touch with Ryan Tubridy's show - he promoted her new idea last year, would probably be interested to know if they were taking bookings and not refunding anyone.

Got refund no issues. So closed PayPal disputed. They forwarded an email where they had replied to one of my emails but I never got it for whatever reason. All sorted now.
    Funnily I just raised a PayPal disbute (forgot I had used PayPal. Nearly 6 months ago now. ) and have received and email and a phone call in the space of 5 minutes. Tried to call her back but went to voicemail. So have left a message. She said a refund is no issue. So we’ll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Kind of interesting. The above is a little off putting but I suppose businesses like this always have issues with cancellations or lack of bookings - A bit more communication might go a long way. This may also be a bad time of year for it. I'm half tempted to sign up for March and see what happens.
    I'm new to Cork so it's a great way to get out there socially aswell.

I won't pimp any of the groups I'm in, but try meetup.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I found meetup very strict with a lot of rules to adhere to. A lot of the groups wont even let you join.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

cml387 wrote: »
    But squids are normally damp.:confused:

There'd be too much friction if they weren't.

I found meetup very strict with a lot of rules to adhere to. A lot of the groups wont even let you join.

Yeah, the "no gimp mask, must be wearing trousers" rule is a bit of a buzzkill.

https://www.atableforsix.ie/

I recently won a ticket for this new dating social event.

3 guys & 3 girls meet together for dinner & drinks.
    The Organiser rings the next day to see how each person got on and will try organise a follow up date. I choose Cork but this is happening nationwide.

Ye feckin pervert.

A meal in a restaurant is too formal for a first date. I like the idea of an icecream date. I heard a guy on the radio talking about dating ideas and this was something he mentioned. Apparently they have gym dates too. So even if you don't like the person you can still get a good workout done. And if you do like them you can get a really good workout.

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/pXwEzwH.jpg[/img]"]pXwEzwH.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭pemay

A meal in a restaurant is too formal for a first date. I like the idea of an icecream date. I heard a guy on the radio talking about dating ideas and this was something he mentioned. Apparently they have gym dates too. So even if you don't like the person you can still get a good workout done. And if you do like them you can get a really good workout.

I like the idea of dates without having to interact with people at all, cut out the middle man. Its very convenient. I can go on a date at literally any moment I choose, and if the date isn't working out the way I hoped, I can go on another date instantaneously.

I can go on television-watching dates, washing-the-car dates, reading dates, re-selling-used-manure dates, watching-two-flies-copulate-on-the-the-wall dates. Perfetto!

Really though, the idea of the OP is sound enough in principle. At least it gets you out of the house to a social scene (whether it goes arse-ways or not). Better than watching a handheld glowing screen in the pitch dark, simultaneously poring over pictures of strangers on dating websites while crying at the crippling perpetual isolation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Some of the bigger groups will let pretty much everybody join, have few rules and have solid reasons for having those rules. In general; do what you say you'll do, and communicate if you don't/can't and it'll be fine.

pemay wrote: »
    I like the idea of dates without having to interact with people at all, cut out the middle man. Its very convenient. I can go on a date at literally any moment I choose, and if the date isn't working out the way I hoped, I can go on another date instantaneously.

I can go on television-watching dates, washing-the-car dates, reading dates, re-selling-used-manure dates, watching-two-flies-copulate-on-the-the-wall dates. Perfetto!

Really though, the idea of the OP is sound enough in principle. At least it gets you out of the house to a social scene (whether it goes arse-ways or not). Better than watching a handheld glowing screen in the pitch dark, simultaneously poring over pictures of strangers on dating websites while crying at the crippling perpetual isolation.

Well I like the idea of dates that involve certain activities and not just two people sitting down like they're in an interview. A dinner date with someone I have never met sounds like my idea of hell. Although something like a coffee would be ok as its more casual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

We have a potential gang bang or orgy situation.

Giggity

Advertisement