Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making offers when sale agreed

Options
  • 01-06-2017 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all

Just had a question on putting offers on properties when sale agreed on your own home.

I've sold my home, deposit has been paid by the buyer and it's now with our solicitors.

However, when I am viewing other homes I now wish to buy and putting in an offer I find estate agents won't take the offer seriously. Is this the norm? The buyer on my place is a cash buyer with no mortgage so it's likely the sale will proceed.

One agent said to me, I won't accept any offer from you unless you have the got the money from your sale in your account.

As expensive as renting is at the moment in Dublin, I was hoping to only have a few weeks between both sales, but maybe that's not possible.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

This happened me as well. I was sale agreed and all ready to go when I found the dream house. We were willing to offer 20k over the high bidder, but the estate agent wouldn't entertain us. We lost the house as a result. It seems to be getting more and more the norm as estate agents don't want to get involved in any chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yes, because they are representing the seller and they are motivated to close the record as soon as possible without any hassle. You went 20k over on a sale agreed house, what happens if you get a similar offer on your sale agreed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

sheep1234 wrote: »
    Hi all

Just had a question on putting offers on properties when sale agreed on your own home.

I've sold my home, deposit has been paid by the buyer and it's now with our solicitors.

However, when I am viewing other homes I now wish to buy and putting in an offer I find estate agents won't take the offer seriously. Is this the norm? The buyer on my place is a cash buyer with no mortgage so it's likely the sale will proceed.

One agent said to me, I won't accept any offer from you unless you have the got the money from your sale in your account.

As expensive as renting is at the moment in Dublin, I was hoping to only have a few weeks between both sales, but maybe that's not possible.

Thanks all

Explain your situation to your solicitor and see can they negotiate a caretaker agreement with your buyer. You could threaten to pull out if they don't agree and look for a buyer who will oblige you .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

sheep1234 wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks all

Explain your situation to your solicitor and see can they negotiate a caretaker agreement with your buyer. You could threaten to pull out if they don't agree and look for a buyer who will oblige you .

Advertisement