Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child sees the severed head of his father on TV

• 01-06-2017 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭

The child named Barron was watching TV when he screamed out in horror as he saw the severed head of his father on TV. Barron aged 11 saw the bloodied head of his father named Donald being held aloft by known 'comedy' terrorist Kathy Griffin.
    TMZ reported Barron was terrorised as he believed it was the severed head of his father.
    Kathy Griffin has lost her job at CNN for beheading Donald, as Barron's family ask 'what kind of sick and twisted person does this?'
    Kathy has apologised for her actions.

The media is being accused of exploiting the child by putting this into the media. Most people would argue that children are off line when it comes to being used in the media.
    Whether the story is true or not, the child has been made out to being very stupid.
    Would you sue someone if they put an effigy of a family member on TV with their head being severed?
    Should it come under the term 'hate crime'?
    Incitement to violence?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the holy fvck are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

There is enough clues in the post.

It has been in the news.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

RobertKK wrote: »
    There is enough clues in the post.

It has been in the news.

Why are there clues?

Its not the puzzles and quizzes forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Traumatised because his name is Barron

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Are you trying to win an award for the most dramatic use of hyperbolic outrage or wha’?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

The child named Barron was watching TV when he screamed out in horror as he saw the severed head of his father on TV. Barron aged 11 saw the bloodied head of his father named Donald being held aloft by known 'comedy' terrorist Kathy Griffin.
    TMZ reported Barron was terrorised as he believed it was the severed head of his father.
    Kathy Griffin has lost her job at CNN for beheading Donald, as Barron's family ask 'what kind of sick and twisted person does this?'
    Kathy has apologised for her actions.

The media is being accused of exploiting the child by putting this into the media. Most people would argue that children are off line when it comes to being used in the media.
    Whether the story is true or not, the child has been made out to being very stupid.
    Would you sue someone if they put an effigy of a family member on TV with their head being severed?
    Should it come under the term 'hate crime'?
    Incitement to violence?

Its not a " hate crime " because the Liberal left can do whatever they want, call anyone whatever they want & shut down free speech wherever & whenever they want.
    Young Barron has already been ridiculed by the media when Trump won so not surprised. Kinda ironic they call Trump a bully but they feel its OK call an 11 year names

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Kathy Griffin had a mocked up Donald Trump head and swung it around on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Kathy Griffin had a mocked up Donald Trump head and swung it around on the internet.

Finally, unlike the OP I'm not on first name terms with the Donald or his son.

Trying to keep politics out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

A bizarre delivery of an opening post it must be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

He should have been in bed anyway, little bollix:mad:

Typical liberal behaviour… pretending to care about others but not caring about the suffering of an 11 year old innocent child.

Am I doing it right? Is this how I do outrage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The alt-right seem to be getting "triggered" an awful lot lately.

BTW, this doesn't compare to the crap Obama got, and Trump even invited Ted Nugent to the White house, who joked about killing Obama.

The whole thing is hypocrisy of the highest order. The most sensitive snow flakes are Donald Trump and his supporters.

Typical liberal behaviour… pretending to care about others but not caring about the suffering of an 11 year old innocent child.

Am I doing it right? Is this how I do outrage?

You havent mentioned being " triggered " " safe spaces " of " shutting you down " along with the usual racist/bigot yayaya

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Its not a " hate crime " because the Liberal left can do whatever they want, call anyone whatever they want & shut down free speech wherever & whenever they want.

:confused: I'm not really computing this in the context of this thread. What has this got to do with liberals shutting down free speech?

Rekop dog wrote: »
    A bizarre delivery of an opening post it must be said.

A bit too covfefe for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

wes wrote: »

BTW, this doesn't compare to the crap Obama got, and Trump even invited Ted Nugent to the White house, who joked about killing Obama.

The whole thing is hypocrisy of the highest order. The most sensitive snow flakes are Donald Trump and his supporters.

So an 11 year old being terrified because he saw (what I assume was a well designed fake) his dad's severed bleeding head on TV is now a sensitive snow flake?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Can you imagine the reaction if somebody from FOX had pulled a similar stunt during Obama's presidency.

Griffin has rightly been punished for her inappropriate actions. Although in her defence I've heard she suffers from her nerves, to put it politely.

Dont seem to remember main stream media attacking Obama from the start of his Presidency, never seen anyone with a dismembered head thinking it was funny. But I'm sure he did in deed get it far worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I remember seeing nooses on Obama effigies at different "rallies".

Dont seem to remember main stream media attacking Obama from the start of his Presidency, never seen anyone with a dismembered head thinking it was funny. But I'm sure he did in deed get it far worse

You must have only got a TV for Christmas.

ThisRegard wrote: »

By celebrities on tv?? Yes there were racist nutjobs but on main stream media?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ThisRegard wrote: »

always going to be some aholes, a big difference between some randomer and someone who has their own spot on CNN and was working with a team of people where they knew this would get national coverage. these are supposed to be the good guys, the resistance and all that...:D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Think you should change the thread title OP. Ridiculous click baiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

By celebrities on tv?? Yes there were racist nutjobs but on main stream media?

silverharp wrote: »
    always going to be some aholes, a big difference between some randomer and someone who has their own spot on CNN and was working with a team of people where they knew this would get national coverage. these are supposed to be the good guys, the resistance and all that...:D

it was posted on twitter. I doubt barron is one of her followers on twitter. if media outlets decided to show it on national tv that is down to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Where was it on tv? Was it on a programme that a child would reasonably be expected to watch? I've only heard about it as a photo.

I find the photo itself tasteless, but if it was shown after the watershed then it's the kid's parent's fault for letting him see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

it was posted on twitter. I doubt barron is one of her followers on twitter. if media outlets decided to show it on national tv that is down to them.

the fact that the kid saw it is incidental, my comment was purely about the level of people involved.
    She just looks like a miserable probably not very funny washed up comedian grasping at a last chance for a bit of attention. It wasn't funny and it had all the art skills of a 10 year old photoshopper

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

So do you think an 11 year old kid was never going to see it? you know with the internet & everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

HigginsJ wrote: »
    So an 11 year old being terrified because he saw (what I assume was a well designed fake) his dad's severed bleeding head on TV is now a sensitive snow flake?? :confused:

And a cuck.

Yes.

pilly wrote: »
    Think you should change the thread title OP. Ridiculous click baiting.

But that is what we are told the child saw, and it did lead to both his parents coming out and condemning it.

So do you think an 11 year old kid was never going to see it? you know with the internet & everything

there are much worse things for a kid to see on the internet. perhaps his parents should take some responsibility for what he looks at. well his father cant because he is never around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

But that is what we are told the child saw, and it did lead to both his parents coming out and condemning it.

He did not see the "severed head of his father" obviously or we'd be talking about a murder.

well perhaps the tv station shouldn't have shown it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

OP if you dont already apply to work for The Sun. That level of clickbait would guarantee you a job.

• Advertisement

It was Kathy Griffin FFS, hardly main stream media, and it appears this is many people's first introduction to her. She's done worse, probably.

One of her shows just dropped onto Netflix, so job done by her, couldn't have bought this publicity.

pilly wrote: »
    He did not see the "severed head of his father" obviously or we'd be talking about a murder.

That is what the child believed, so for a period of time, however short, he believed it was the decapitated head of his father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That is what the child believed, so for a period of time, however short, he believed it was the decapitated head of his father.

The child probably believes Santa is real. Hes in for a fair few more shocks I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

It was a prop, bit overly dramatic with the title don't you think. And I highly doubt the child thought it was his father when he saw it, or that he happened to be watching whatever comedy show it was on before it went viral on the internet
    I didnt even recognise the face as donald trumps, its completely covered in blood

pjohnson wrote: »
    The child probably believes Santa is real. Hes in for a fair few more shocks I'd say.

he's going to get a shock when he finds out what his father is really like.

• Advertisement

http://cdn.washingtonexaminer.biz/cache/1060x600-0e681e996c50dccb68b493e92fdf19f7.jpg
    Doesn't look anything like donald trump. And this child is 11, I think he's mature/old enough to know this is obviously not real

wakka12 wrote: »
    http://cdn.washingtonexaminer.biz/cache/1060x600-0e681e996c50dccb68b493e92fdf19f7.jpg
    Doesn't look anything like donald trump. And this child is 11, I think he's mature/old enough to know this is obviously not real

Ah, to be fair, I'm sure Barron's seen him looking like that the whole time while he's waiting for Donald to wash off the fake tan he applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Thought this was going to be about Arya Stark seeing auld Neddy getting the chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

wakka12 wrote: »

Exactly. He should have been given the 'Things on TV =/= real' talk years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

and who went out of their way to direct the young boy's attention to a rather obscure adult entertainment show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

why did she lose her job exactly?

so much for the American ideal of the right to free speech... Is everyone a craven hypocrite at this stage?

lawred2 wrote: »

so much for the American ideal of the right to free speech... Is everyone a craven hypocrite at this stage?

Yeh but some things just don't go down well with the public. Its not like it was illegal, but you don't always have to do illegal things to get fired. Whoever she worked for obviously just didnt want to be associated with the bad publicity.
    Anyway I think the joke was immature and stupid and tasteless and I dont feel bad for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

lawred2 wrote: »

Free speech ? guess you think thats something real ?

Try googling Brandenburg V Ohio.. as an example.

or this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

or this..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial

time to educate yourself on the matter and stop referring to free speech :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Disgusting that the Trump family are using their child to shut down an artist.

Bet he never even saw it they just made it up. Fake news.

20Cent wrote: »
    Disgusting that the Trump family are using their child to shut down an artist.

Bet he never even saw it they just made it up. Fake news.

Is this art nowadays, if she was a talented artist Im sure she could do a bit better than that

• Advertisement
Advertisement