Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work done on pavement

Options
  • 01-06-2017 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I live in a house where myself and my neighbour share a water meter out the front.

A couple of weeks ago the owner of the house next door got some work done so there is now two meters outside....one for each house. I wasn't aware this was happening but have no issue with it. However, when they finished the work, they filled what they had dug up with tarmac. This has already began to wear away after 2/3 weeks and is a trip hazard for people walking past and is creating a pothole directly outside my drive way (the other house doesn't seem affected as their car does not drive over it).

I want to get this properly resurfaced with cement and my questions is, is this something that the owner next door should be looking after? Or should I go straight to the county council? I was working the day this was done so I have no idea who did the work for him initially. I cant imagine regular plumbers would have the machinery to dig up the pathway which makes me think I should contact the county council directly but I could be wrong.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

If path is taken in charge by Coco then they are responsible but iw should be notified first to log issue as they did work. Odd they used tarmac on a concrete path?

Advertisement