Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 2 advice!

Options
  • 01-06-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi so i have a ps4 pro and a ps3 super slim but i wanted to get back into old school gaming so been thinking of getting another ps2 console for old times sake..
    now i have a 4k samsung tv and i know a scart plug is out the window as the tv doesnt have a port as its new generation of tv so i was wondering what are my options to hook a ps2 up to it? is a ps2 to hdmi converter one option? and if so which one is best? as for av cables my tv has a blue and yellow socket on it..so any advice would be appreciated thanks guys

Comments

If memory servers the PS2 wasn't actually scart it had an adaptor you plugged the red, white and yellow cables into if your TV didn't have them. So the yellow will go to the TV for video , red and white are audio if it has a yellow one it should have those too no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

I have a ps2 and you can use scart or cables

And yes you can buy a scart to HDMI converter on eBay cheap enough for a PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

BTW get resident evil 4 ! TOP GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

If memory servers the PS2 wasn't actually scart it had an adaptor you plugged the red, white and yellow cables into if your TV didn't have them. So the yellow will go to the TV for video , red and white are audio if it has a yellow one it should have those too no?

from what i see on my tv it says compoments with a sticker with blue red white cable symbols but i only see blue and a yellow socket on back of the tv and i know ps2 comes with red white and yellow composite cables so im bit lost :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

wally1990 wrote: »
    I have a ps2 and you can use scart or cables

And yes you can buy a scart to HDMI converter on eBay cheap enough for a PS2

ive a 4k tv so only choice is cables or the hdmi converter..for cables i only have a blue and yellow socket on back of tv even though it says compoments with a yellow red white and blue symbol sticker on it

• Advertisement
Advertisement