Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Selling - Crazyness

Options
  • 01-06-2017 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Gone Sale agreed with house we are to buy - agents boking fee paid. Went Sale Agreed with my house to Sell agent received booking fee 2%. A 3 week process from sign up to Sale Agreed . ( Went too easy)

Buyer my house is mortgage approved. Was due to sign contract to buy my house Friday just gone. We informed owner of house we are to buy that we are getting closer. All verbally agreed a final closing date 23 or 30th this month once we sign contracts. We are off the phone and buyer my house official offer letter not arrived. Then the owner of the house we are to buy went NUTS. Demanded we sign and commit to making 30th final date. We explained we cant sign until our purchaser sends in the contract -signed. They went into orbit. Found out just now they tore down the for sale sign on their house.

Have stepped in now and trying to get through to my purchasers solicitor and inform them if that house is pulled. So is mine. They wont answer the phone....yet the actual purchaser of my house is in almost tears at the prospect of loosing this home as they have been told it will happen etc.. but no dates from their solicitor

What would you do.? Can anything be done to get this lunatic to calm down or is there any legal threat that can be made or how do you put a rocket under the purchasers solicitor arse.?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Absolutely nothing is committed until contracts are signed. Your vendor could see you turn up one day in an Audi and decide not to sell to you for that reason alone.

Never stop looking until you have keys. The only thing you can do is tell your purchaser that they have to sign contracts but they'll, most likely, have the exact issue you have. Can't do X until Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Let the solicitors deal with it. There's nothing you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GoingGreyFast

If I knew now what I should of known then.......

But our issue apart from the crazy seller -I think I can mange that with a "do I sign your contract now or not phone call", is the buyers Solicitor who seems to be on the type that "go into reverse Oh closed Mondays and Fridays aren't the best either. Email whats an email no we don't use the phone -there a charge for that, kind of solicitor"

Advertisement